Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Widgets

Finally The New 20 Foot Caravan Tour 2022

Hinterland by Domain Tourer 20 foot.

 It was a bit of a drama getting it here, but finally I now have time to go over the new van, and to start packing all the "stuff" from the old to new.

Awkwardly parked out the front on our hill

The colour stripe was something we had to pick anything from red or orange, silver etc. but this colour was my theme last time so had a few accessories based around it. The wheels could have been the same colour but we opt out of that. The bottom bit could have been silver metal as well. I like what turned up though. 

The entrance
The step up at the moment is very high and awkward, although somewhere we have steps to help this when it is flat on the ground. Love that it has the hand rail RHS and pockets on the wall for maps, torch, shopping bags, masks etc. Will keep a hand sanitizer station on the left, where there is a narrow bench across the top of the cupboards.

I don't like the round sink, but one of our vans had that, I tend to wash up outside anyway. We may be able to get a chopping board that fits over the sink, as I have seen that in other Brands of vans.



 Immediately to the right, when you step in, is the Kitchen. Lots of space here above and below. Up to now all our vans have been pop top so gaining the overhead cupboards is a major space, they are quite big, and spring loaded. They will fit a  fabric cube insert plus half that size next to it.

More cupboards above
 Opposite the kitchen of course is the 3 way table meaning it folds back twice making it smaller. Cupboards underneath and I think a charger installed there as well. The leatherette chair covers will be great for just wiping up any spills rather than fabric. No curtains either all the blinds, night covers, pull up from the interior. Windows push out to wherever as well, no  maximum limit connections. They are also much bigger in size these days. 


 The drop down cover under the seats is awkward, I can put a container but getting to underneath the seat is very hard to pull the bottom cushion out. John wants to add a drawer there, but I don't think it is necessary.

View to bathroom Microwave, radio, up top and huge fridge.

  We chose single beds, it gives us a more comfortable sleep, opens the area up, and beds I use as a couch with extra cushions across the side, to shorten the depth.


The TV is down this end RHS, and can be swiveled right around or even taken outside to a little picnic table off the van. There is an outlet plug for it and speakers. Same place has an electric plug and a gas one as well for a BBQ should we so choose.

There is air conditioning but also 12 volt fans end of beds wall. Plus a power point off the wardrobe. Lots of space up top takes 3 cubes. Two more drawers under wardrobe although hard to see at the moment. 

Easy to lift up mattress for more storage.I wanted a window at the bed head but they wouldn't do it. As it was, single beds are a special request. Good place for a mirror maybe.

I need to get all new bedding as  the last lot was destroyed. I also will have to retro fit  as the mattresses are slightly smaller which we are used to and good quality. In saying that, maybe, I will look at mattress toppers for extra comfort, which means sheets will probably fit anyway. An electric blanket for me would be good as we seem to travel in winter mainly. I wonder if you can get battery ones lol.

I have been watching lots of videos of hints and tricks for packing and getting some good ideas. My plan is to spend 6 months traveling at least over to WA and maybe another 6 months up to Darwin and surrounds. Plus shorter trips, even if John just takes the van to somewhere for me and picks me up later.

More cupboard space. I may look at putting some of my clothes here there is so much room.

 Will put decent quality suction hooks behind toilet for wet towels, and on bench, a basket type for pump soap, and hand towel ring, loo holder, etc. and may be toothbrush stand, in the corner out of the way. Nice big mirror. Plus  new containers and  what I need in the kitchen.

I certainly don't want things screwed in, as eventually we may sell it, in the future.

Nice bench space, normal sink.

Good size shower, hoping to get a stick on basket on the corner shelf. Optional Hand held shower head is on floor that fits in to wall. May look at something to hold it in  down there for traveling.

Luxury of a washing machine came with the van. Goes to the floor.

I must say the washing machine is a luxury, but the more I think about it when in Caravan places and plugged into power will be really good, no carting a washing basket across to the machines and waiting or going back and forth, smaller loads also and when you pay you tend to do large loads. You also hear of some terrible things being washed as well.

On the outside there is all sorts of cubby holes, which John will most likely put all the tools, equipment, our chairs and table for easy access. Will need big containers and more hooks probably.

That's about it, hope you liked the tour. 


Till Next Time. 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, brilliant caravan. Nice layout, lots of storage space and I like the idea of the washing machine. I can't do public laundries as the fragrances from other laundry cleaners end up in my laundry and my hayfever goes off the charts. Sort of dampened camping type holidays when I also had to eat antihistamines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the new van and I think you are right a full van has much more space. It is so nice and new and modern. I agree about the single beds - they give more space - we had them in one of the vans. I used egg shell under mattress protectors - makes them really comfortable. Thanks for the tour of the van and we'll look forward to hearing where and what you are up to when you get on the road.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.