Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Widgets

Farewell To My Mum

Sadly my mother passed away last Tuesday 28th.July the day before  my cousin Pam's birthday who died at 30, in 1982. Although my sister and I were allowed to visit several times this past fortnight, including the day she died, despite the lockdown, it has still come as a shock. She didn't know us of course, because of  Alzheimers Disease, and was usually asleep on visits for quite a while now.


I had arranged her funeral a year ago and I had forgotten we chose yellow flowers for it.
Pam's favorite colour was yellow and mum and my Aunty Betty (dad's sister) would always put yellow flowers like daffodils on her memorial every year.
Our daughter has done a wonderful video of her life and we found the above picture with a yellow rose. These too me, are amazing coincidences and from now on I will always think of Mum and Pam, who I was also close to being 3 weeks apart at birth, whenever I see yellow flowers.


During the week my lovely sewing ladies sent me some flowers, which was such a nice surprise.



7 of us attended the funeral, yesterday, but it was also available online for the USA,  Sydney and Victorian families and friends. I know mum was honored by her interstate families, by watching. We celebrated her life, by going out to lunch at our favorite restaurant in Urunga by the river where we had taken her many, many times for coffee.

                    Yvonne Marie McGrath 11/4/1933 to 28/7/2020

                                                    87 years old



Good bye mum, I love you.


Till next time.


4 comments:

  1. sending my condolences on your loss, i love roses & yellow always make me smile; i hope you & the family are okay, losing loved ones is never easy & at these times would be even harder to get support.
    take care xxx
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so sorry for your loss, Chris!
    May your mom Rest In Peace.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful yellow flowers will be a lovely reminder for you of your Mum, Chris. It's very hard to lose someone you love so dearly. Many caring wishes to you. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big virtual hugs, Chris. No matter what their age it is never easy losing our mums. Mine was 97 when she passed away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.