Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Widgets

It's All Too Much

Once the family all headed back to Sydney, things have really slowed down. The weather became hot and humid, which this year has really drained my energy levels, upset my sleeping patterns, and I have had to "lie down" in the afternoons to catch up. Of course this has also thrown out my entire routine and I end up reading, to while away the time in air conditioning.

Self sown tomatoes amongst other things like celery .

The garden of course is still a jungle, more like a food forest with seedlings like lettuce popping up, cherry tomatoes all over the place, carrot beds that need pulling up as they didn't grow fast enough, so a bit stringy or too small to eat. Beans and cucumbers doing well but now I need to start new seeds off for the last of summer.

I must be tired as I can't even get the ooomph to weed it or embroider, sew, or declutter, soooooo not like me. This year is not turning out as I thought it would. Change must definitely be in the air.

Front Beans

Rockmelon/Canteloupe

Herb Garden with self sown tomatoes

It rained last night which was lovely and if I had got up earlier I could have done some weeding in the cool, but didn't have the energy.

 Let's hope that things get better, because now I am thinking time to stop blogging every week. Nothing changes, much at the moment.

Back with more beans and undergrowth that needs pulling.

Queen Elizabeth Rose


At least the roses are pretty, and our youngest son, is getting over covid this week, so it's not all bad.


Till Next Time.




1 comment:

  1. The Summer heat always depletes my energy, Chris. I try to work with it by doing things in the early mornings knowing I'll want to sloth about in the afternoon. I have rockmelons growing in my garden too. I hope your son recovers quickly from covid; it's certainly a challenging time. MegXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.