Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Widgets

Fun Week and A New Car

The past week with our eldest daughter here, has turned into a whirlwind of outings, two lots of coffee, one with mum, one by the beach,
 
Cutlery and Table Number

One large and one small please



Then there were 2 movie outings, Ant and The Wasp and Incredibles 2, and 2 dinners the Indian one for my birthday and then a Mexican one. A visit to the Dr. for a biopsy and 5 stitches, and my hospital infusion. Then last night I hosted dinner for 12 gathering all the family that is here. I make them dress up in their best clothes, which makes it fun, especially for the kids who put on their frilly dresses, young 5 year old Master J had braces, and a tie so cute, it  matched dad who added a hat,  his twin had pink glitter dress and a little fur jacket. Worth all the hassle of cooking for 12, to see us all dressed up.

Dinner for 12

We had lamb roast and all the trimmings followed by a Rocky Road Cheesecake.

Rocky Road Cheesecake was delicious

Between all of this I have managed to sort out the driveway pumpkins, of which tonight Pumpkin Soup, with freshly baked bread rolls,  is one simple meal after a busy week. Oh and left over wine yeah !!!!

Jap Pumpkins

Last of all picked up my new car Subaru XV auto, 3 days ago. Having driven shift gears for 45 years, auto is proving a little tricky I have to double think it. It is also press button start, no keys as long as they are in the car,usually my bag. Then the brake is just a lift up or push down button. So advanced and slightly bigger than my Mazda 2. This I gave to my 16year old grandaughter who is yet to get her L's but her mum loves it as it beats driving the 7 seater van they need, just to go shopping.

 


So what a week, hope your week  was just as exciting.

Till next time.









1 comment:

  1. You have been very busy. :)
    Congratulations on the new car. I'm sure you will find the automatic transmission much easier. I've now forgotten how to drive shift gears though I learned driving by using one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.