Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Widgets

Verandah Painting Continues

 As I write this today, our area, along with many others, has opened up again, so it will be back to embroidery, which I will go to  as residential friend thing, and quilting which I won't as it is wearing a mask all day.  Also back to the worry of it all as well. This was in the news this week.

Mid North Coast Police District officers received reports that the woman had failed to isolate after a positive COVID-19 test, and was travelling from Strathfield to Coffs Harbour, on the NSW Mid-North Coast, with her three children.

Unbelievable, and what a nightmare for everyone including no staff on the train. 

Well Miss P came over yesterday much to her relief that she could, was so pleased to have a change of venue. She has also been complaining of headaches probably due to the constant computer homework for school so it was good for her to be outside up a ladder lol, doing something else. She painted 3 more poles and the last of them. Now to clean up some more junk there. At least the scaffolding has been pulled down and I hope John will sell it now that we can have visitors. Along with quite a few camping things, like the portable fridge freezer.

Due to the change of weather and getting warmer it has affected my left side, especially my arm socket and wrist, so I wasn't able to help her much and plodded in the kitchen. Then I got out the clock and hanger to paint. In the end kept the hanger as is which is covered in non rust paint stuff and decided the colour was ok.. This will hang outside the kitchen door for hats, gloves etc.

The clock I had already started so will keep going. After two coats I will put on a crackle finish, to split the paint, hope the stuff is still viable. This clock will go back into the gazebo.

The garden is coming along, planted, capsicum, eggplant, cosmos, cucumber, rocket, bush beans, one more bush tomato in the gap, and beetroot. These have all come from my little seed starting tubs. The rest haven't germinated so threw them out. Either too old or maybe some things just need soil to start.


 2nd bed of carrots is now doing well also. I also have some Statice flower seedling plants to dig up and plant out, just threw the seeds in a bunch and hoped for the best. Always the way, beautiful seedlings ready to go elsewhere.  


 Other than that I have been decluttering still,  cleaning a window a week and a flat suface, my new discipline on keeping stuff under control, and clean. It is supposed to get to 30C today, that will be a bit of a shock, considering we are still having chilly mornings.

Stay safe everyone

 

Till Next Time.

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.