Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Widgets

September Garden Tour.

 It is overcast and feels cold today, a change from our lovely sunny weather we have been happening. It has made a difference to my joints though feeling very sore and sorry today. Worse than when I was off my injection for the jab to work. 

Luckily though I took a heap of photos yesterday to show the start of what I have to do for the Spring Garden. The seedlings are coming along nicely and I need to think where they are going to go now. 


Front Garden:

Self Sown Tomatoes.

The tomato bushes above have gone mad. I have tied some back and cut some leaders off. They are now covered in small tomatoes which will grow to supermarket size so I need to climb up and cover the whole lot against fruit fly. They would be 6 foot high now. Next to them are the old peas, most have gone to seed so I will rescue them and cut the vines back. I may be able to put in a couple of climbing beans or even a cucumber. Depends on how the net fits.




































Broccoli behind the tomatoes.
Carrot Bed

The Broccoli are still producing quite nice size side shoots so the cover is still on, in the front are the bush tomatoes, there is one more to plant here still a small seedlings. The carrots are behind the broccoli and delicious.

Garlic, Onion, Lettuce going to seed and one cherry tomato.

In this next bed I  will let lettuce go to seed, but will thin out to one plant. Sweet peas are on the left side end and about to flower.

Carrot seeds I planted several week ago.
More garlic, and some lettuce seedlings in this bed. Tomatoes pop up everywhere including here, will keep one and hope it is the yellow cherry ones.

What a mess!

 The strawberry bed has gone mad as well and now they are starting to flower. This had cherry tomatoes in and have just about finished, they are quite small now. I will pull them up but not sure about the strawberries. There may be room to plant something once I clear the vines away. The back blueberry garden, also has many strawberries so still thinking on this one.

 This end garden joins onto the  wild tomatoes. It needs some more soil, in fact all of them need topping up so John will get a trailer load of cow manure to dig into all of them. Will probably plant capsicums, in here.

As I have raised quite a few flower seedlings, these will go in the side beds and a few dotted amongst the vegetables. 


The Back Gardens I have been working on most of the time. The dry bean beds are growing fast and I need to take down the wire, as the bush turkeys seem to have stopped coming around digging everything up.

Still to plant some normal beans and have some seedlings nearly ready, bush and climbing.


       
                            
    

I have covered the blueberry bush and thinking now about also covering the strawberries. Lots of mint intertwined. Smells great when I weed this bed.  There are two rhubarbs in here, plus another out in the front herb bed. Plenty to  give away when big.


 Along the fenceline, plenty of  room, picking Pak Choy and Beetroot nearly ready. Have both in new seedlings. 

Again time for lifting all the wire protection. Looking forward putting in more flowers as well.

                                                     
These last two have perpetual leeks, plus more out front. A mizuna is going to seed which I want. The baby leeks are growing and I need to get them all into one bed. The third round bed is empty as I moved a large dahlia bulb to the front. This is the one I will dedicate the leeks too. Some flowers, leafy greens, rocket and beans tend to be or will be in this area.

                                  

Well that's it so far don't want to bore you with too many photos.Interesting exercise learning to put two together also.

In general it has been a fairly quiet week for me, started the weekly injection and tablets and it has thrown me off a bit, also attending the physio, so exercises are stiffening up all the muscle. Hope it gets better in the long run. 


 Stay safe everyone,  

 

Till Next Time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.