Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Widgets

Start on Painting the Bathroom

 It has been a bit of a slow week due to the much needed rain that arrived this week, plus really blowy winds. One minute it was very hot, next I was putting on jumpers and socks. 

What it did do, was force me to slow down, couldn't garden, finished decluttering for the moment, and it has been finally accepted by an op shop. I felt like crocheting, so picked up some work I started a month earlier and did a few more rounds. Really love this, it is complicated and made me think while relaxing watching the rain and listening to talks, and music etc. Felt like I was on holiday and slept really well to boot.

Hooked on Sunshine Pattern - Ardith
Lucky yesterday the sun came out and Miss P also arrived to start the bathroom. The ceiling had never been done but was not in a good condition, and the walls only once, so my journey of getting rid of all the outdated 80's varnish tongue and groove starts once more. 

New Light in order also.


After


It might be a few days before I do the 2nd coat, busy this week with an eye test and the chiropractor and my embroidery group, but I have also done a lot of research, to find exactly what I want, and decided after much looking on Pinterest the Coastal Farmhouse is the look. Not surprising, as years ago I had a Country theme going. It suits the house with all the boards and open ceiling, and open planning.

 I am considering getting help from a designer to pull all my ideas together, but first paint, paint, paint. The ceilings in the main area I will leave, because other than pay an expensive painter, as it is a lot of work, and 14 foot high, so not like painting a simple plaster wall, they will suit fine and blend in with the "look". 

This gives a general look although not my house, painted boards on walls and non painted ceiling. Light and Airy

And a  paint colour chart to go by.


 More plantings in the garden today of pumpkins, capsicum, cucumber, and climbing beans with plenty of weeding after the rain. Picked another basket of tomatoes as well.


Hope everyone has had a good week,

 

Till Next Time 

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.