Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Widgets

The Magnolia Tree Garden.

 It seems to me daylight saving (DST) and hot weather have come together, DST I am now used to without too much snoozing in the afternoons, but the hot weather I am struggling with. It is ok during the day I can find a cool spot in the house but at night the heat that our double brick house has absorbed then radiates into the rooms. The average this month here, according to Elders, has been 28C, today it is predicted to be 30C. 

It zaps my energy, which I found out yesterday when Miss P came to help. I chose a small garden to be weeded and replanted with some plants in pots. Slowly I am getting rid of them all somewhere.

 I can't remember where that blue bottle came from, but it can go back to the tip. The Magnolia tree was getting a bit high and needed a prune as well. The white flowers are small and smell lovely.

Port Wine Magnolia sometimes called the Banana Shrub.

The ground was as hard as a rock and dry as a bone, and it took two hours to complete, by which time it was getting hot. Two geraniums, a multi coloured daisy, a row of primulas and two sprinkles of Cosmos, followed by a load of chicken pellets, minerals, and the free compost, with lots of watering and it was done.

I had to get up the ladder as the tree was quite high, but looks much better now. It also had a good watering. 

If it wasn't for my lovely grandaughter I don't know if I would ever get around to doing so much so quickly, such a treasure and only 12. I told her about my cousin who took up weeding for older ladies lol like me, and couldn't keep up with all the work. If ever she needed a job later in life while at uni or similar, she is now certainly trained for weeding, basic pruning and propagating, repotting, growing vegetables and flowers. I was very pleased to hear also, as an elective at school, she wanted to do sewing, as she already knew agriculture haha. Miss P is also a good little house painter and I have decided next job between us, will be to finish off the bathroom, it has a low roof line and already had one coat.


As I write this NSW, is preparing for lockdown, in stages,  to be opened completely. I think it is a little bit early as 580 new cases yesterday alone, it is starting to hit regional areas now, but although the rules are no holidaying for Sydney-ites in these areas, a lot of cases have started for that reason including Victoria who are having over a 1000 a day. Let us hope those in power know what they are doing, personally I am staying at home as usual and not venturing very far. This area is still covid safe. 

 

 

Till Next Time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.