Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Widgets

Craft Area Cleanup Up Started

 Well I was hoping to mention today that the back garden was going great in closing it down, but the weather has decided otherwise and we have had continuous squally rain everyday, this week. Everything feels damp.

There is always something to do though and I have been attacking the downstairs area to convert it over to sewing my quilts, plus make more space for the other crafts and am pleased with the amount of work I have done. I managed to put all the bigger fabrics into the cupboard and the smaller shoe boxes on top of a cupboard.


Having a bit of trouble with labels but pleased with how it will work.

The inside of the smallest room in history I have put ribbons and  laces, on the shelving and a book case.

Work in progress here and hoping to clean the bench entirely. At the moment has my overlocker.

Laces, elastic, knitting, and odd things.

While at the entrance is a old kitchen cabinet and that has all my embroidery stuff there. 

Embroidery

It is fiddly work sorting everything, but I have thrown out a large box of rubbish bits. The hardest part is finding consistent time to dedicate to this area.

Saturday was a day of making potato salad and an egg salad to take to the Creek for a farewell and belated birthday party. Miss G turned 19 and is off to Griffith University in a week. The start of her adult life. I myself  had been working as a stenographer and receptionist for 2 years and was engaged to be married when I was 19 1/2 so a very different lifestyle these days. The first of the grandchildren to leave home. It will be a big change for her as we are a close family. 

The man cooks the meat!

I will end up minding the twins and Miss P for the following weekend while mum and dad take Miss G and Miss C who is in year 12 now, up to Brisbane, to get her settled. The Uni courses will be around animation. 

By the look of it, it is going to be another rainy week. Stay safe everyone.

Till Next Time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.