Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Widgets

Caravan, University, and Weeds.

 It's been raining of course, what else is there!!!!! As an added bonus this week I have had the twins Friday and Saturday joined by Miss P Sat. afternoon. The twins are full of energy when they get going or all they want to do is play games on the TV, Xbox, tablets or phone. Doesn't seem to matter which, as long as they are tuning out. Of course this would be ok if it lasted more than 30 mins. and that is being generous. Not that I like children being addicted to digital games, but jigsaws, board games etc. don't seem to hold their interest or attention.

Miss V at least has her doll, and does some colouring but Master J. there is nothing else except digital games, or running around with Miss V if she decides too. We seem to flip constantly. Movies of course are out, they take too long.!!!! My favorite thing is reading the Faraway Tree to them at night, takes me back to when I read it to my children.

There has been the odd ray of sunshine during the week and managed to get the washing done. Attended my first CWA meeting that went for 2 hours. (yawn)  Enjoyed my 4th Quilting group and embroidery group. Life seems to be getting back to normal. I heard that choir is starting up next week but only 30 allowed, we have to book our attendance. 

Honey is visiting also. 13 years old.

I have tried to weed some of the back but with all this weather, getting out there is an effort. 


                                                                Such an overgrown mess.

Miss G on the other hand has successfully, unpacked in her new bedroom at the University.

Shared Kitchen

Half of the Shared Lounge
                                                       
  Miss G's Bedroom 
 
Due to the allergies etc. my Grand Daughter needs her own fridge, so luckily it fitted neatly next to her desk. This also helps with freezing lots of things plus fridge stuff, without having to use the main  fridge,where I suspect in an 8 room complex items may disappear.
Has a lovely outlook from the window also.
 
View from the Window
The Housing Complex

I would love to be in her shoes now, having never been to University, I would have done some art course I think now, but kindergarten teaching had been my aim back at 19. Now Miss G has to work out bus runs to the actual university she is learning at, quite a few online classes as well, and hopefully will get a part time job, at a shopping complex quite near to home. 
 
My first flowering African Violet

 Most of the week John has been emptying the Caravan. All the rain and hail we have had this year has finally destroyed our caravan. John checked it and everything he said was ok. He then went back a week later and mould had set in the the bedding, mattress and walls either side. On checking the roof the plastic thing that held the wires from the solar panels, had broken because of the hail and rain had  leaked into everything. So disappointing after all the work we did glamorizing it.
 
The assessor has written it off, as unable to repair it. This is a lot of stuff to come home so I packed it in boxes and slid it all under the dining room table. We have booked a hotel room and obtained tickets to the Gold Coast Caravan Show next weekend, how lucky is that! Lots of researching at the moment, on 2nd hand ones, but I particularly want single beds, which makes the van more open and can be used as couches.  We are considering buying brand new this time, with all the modern electronics, and not a pop up as well. So much has changed in the industry, but between all the manufacturers not a lot of difference in design though. Should be an interesting weekend. Looks like our Easter trip to Nundle will be cancelled as well.

Stay safe everyone,
 
Till Next Time.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.