Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Widgets

Work has begun and 2nd Prize winner.

Well I wish I could say it was the whole garden but lucky for us Leslie and his carer David won 2nd Prize on their garden plot. It is a raised bed, especially for Leslie who is in a wheelchair.



Jan and I attended the ceremony that night of all the presentations, after a day of holding mum's hand so she would let the podiatrist check her feet, as apparently she is hitting everyone when they do on their own. Followed by shopping for her for new shoes and slippers, and a great hour spent at the bulk food store which I have never been to.

Judges doing their thing.

 Jan also came over for dinner, prior to us leaving for the presentation, and we had  some gluten free falafel mix, (bought at the bulk store) to which I added grated zucchini, carrot and spinach, and were delicious.


The weekend has been spent at the scrapbook retreat and it seems ages since I went to one. Sat. night I was going to stay till late but ended up going home as tired from the day before. I don't think I have had one day home all day this week, between the garden and my monthly  hospital visit it is in and out of the house constantly.

Happy bystander
This week the pavilion got delivered after a phone call to open the gates.




Next day another phone call and in I raced, as was followed by the digger scraping out the soil



Then the  good news is the concreters have been in and finished the base, done 2 days later. The Pavilion to be put up hopefully will be the end of this week, just in time for the AGM, how appropriate is that, 15 months of hard work to get to this stage.



Left side, right side is exactly the same, gives us 1.8m walkways in.

From the back. 6m x 6m

Next week I hope to show you our new pavilion, fingers crossed. John will also be home, to see all this exciting work.

Till next time.





2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes that is very exciting, let us know how it goes! It seems to be all happening very quickly now. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.