Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Widgets

Quilting Retreat 2023

 I am a bit late today writing this blog, but I have just come back from the Quilting Retreat held at The Darlington Beach Holiday Resort at Arrawarra. Held from Friday morning to Sunday afternoon and no stop sewing lol. 

A view across the bowling green to the children's area and cafe. Very Popular playground.
 

BBQ area behind the huts.

Entrance

 Ten of us stayed in 2 of the big 8 person huts. It also was very cold at night and I am glad I took my hot water bottle. There were 5 in two huts, who stayed the two nights.

 

It is organized that each person brings either a sweet or main meal, so there were two crock pots one of which I took, a Tuna Mornay, and some Anzac biscuits and my sister who also comes to this bought a cheescake and a slice, and chocolate balls.  Consequently there was more than enough food with 14 who attended this year. 

Mug Rug Swap Items.

Every year and this was the 20th time it was held although I have only been to three, there is a swap and this year was a Mug Bag. I didn't have time to make one, but some of them were really good.

I did though get a few blocks done on a quilt for my grandson, which will actually be a quillo size.
 

Navy and White

Only a short blog, got lots to unpack. 


Till Next Time.

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! What is a Mug bag? Tuna Mornay is a regular in my household, but I swap the tuna for chicken since my hubby hates seafood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Mug Bag is for taking your china mug and sometimes a tea bag or coffee stick, for morning/afternoon tea or even just travelling. It protects the cup and you use your own, some people don't like using kitchen cups in halls etc.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.