Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Widgets

Mother's Day 2023

Happy Mother's Day for all my mother readers. Having a quiet day as John has gone to the community gardens, as usual.

 My eldest daughter sent a lovely flower arrangement with some quite different flowers to the normal variety including what I think is the blue tall Larkspur, could be wrong though.

They actually came Friday, which was nice as I have been sick all week with a nasty flare up of Diverticulitis, and  is the first one since I was diagnosed last year. It has really taken a lot out of me, and spent most of the week with a hot water bottle for stomach pain, resting and sleeping. 

Did do some Zentangle Practice off  from You Tube. Takes a bit of concentration, and about 15mins., but fun to do. Squares are 2 inch and I did two at a time, for 3 days. Will keep this A5 book strictly for it and eventually do something for the front cover as only plain brown cardboard.

I also made the effort to go to art yesterday,  as missed last Saturday, having that meeting for the caravan club, and the following Sat. I will be at the Quilting Retreat, so glad I had a week between, did some watercolour practice of one of my online classes.

When I got home there was an enormous bunch of flowers from the youngest daughter in America.


I had to split it into 3 vases, so tried to match the flower theme, and now they are all over the main area.


 John had an injection in each shoulder for bursitis, last week, and can now move his arms so much better. He has had to wait quite a while for it to happen via the hospital, and ended up with a Trainee so was attended by 2 Drs. and a nurse.  I hope he doesn't over do it, as yesterday he was helping make up a Syntropic Garden for the Community Gardens, 3 beds in all.  Will write about it after it is all finished.

For now I am off to pack for the Quilting Retreat starting Friday to Sunday then we head off to Iluka Monday.

My Favorite Vase all the roses.

Till Next Time.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers from your daughters. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Judy, I agree, never had so many vases full to the brim before.

      Delete
  2. Love the variety of flowers! Glad to hear you're feeling better and able to attend the Art Classes. The Zentangle Practice is cool, is the intent to create tile sets with it? Like custom wrapping paper or Quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is more of a meditative art but some do super complicated drawings both colour and black/white, often with watercolour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.