Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Widgets

Shade Garden Cleanup & Supersize Strawberries.

Does anyone else find that time seems  to be shorter than  usual, disappears faster. I will be reading something interesting and an hour goes by, which felt like 10 minutes. That has been my week, consequently I don't feel I have done a lot.

One thing though is I cleaned up this shade area outside our kitchen and laundry which is the most used entrance. I repotted all the Rex Begonias and our new collection of Caladeums, which is the 2nd potting up I have done. They grow really fast.  Also the Kentia Palms I bought back from Lord Howe. 6 of them growing really well in a sandy soil. They like company so I have potted 3 together.

Self sown maiden hair fern, is now in 3 pots, really love their soft look.


 I had to dig up the orange Clivia and will transfer them next to the Hydrangeas and hope they survive, a large clump I sent into the Community Gardens as well. 

I am tempted to pull out all the beans as now with the cooler weather all of the clumps have suddenly taken off and flowering, like I need more beans, but I hate to pull them out when they are doing so well.

Beans
Beans

And More Beans
 This  next photo is nearly a full bed of Cherry tomatoes. They are everywhere popping up, so clearly need to condense them down.


 Lettuce has matured and I am picking the leaves as needed and beetroot buried beneath but still growing.

The trouble is I really can't be bothered with the garden I have lost the enthusiasm I have always had. The constant tired weariness, I can only assume is from pain, is getting me down. One thing though John moved the soil from one of the beds out back, so it no longer exists.Three more to go.

   I really should go and find some sweet pea and snow pea seeds, otherwise it will be the first time ever not growing them.  

 


Had to share a photo our American daughter sent of strawberries she bought. Very sweet and delicious.

They are ENORMOUS.

 

Till Next Time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.