Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Widgets

Gypsy Art Group First Morning

 I finally got to go to the Gypsy Art Group morning, after visiting at the botanical gardens, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would say at least 20 women were there, all doing different things. Art Journals, cards, eco printing, watercolour, that I could see.

 When I first arrived 5 mins late, everyone was huddled around a workshop on staining leaves onto a mug. This is done with steam via an electric fry pan, and I watched for a half hour, till someone sat down, so I went with her, to find out the routine, and luckily at the table there was a space for me. This was my new friends 2nd time and the 4  other ladies that joined in also their first time. Five of us around several tables, put together.

Eco Printing done by one of the members.

This natural staining is also done on fabric and paper and known as Eco Printing.  It was on at the Botanical Gardens visit, and selling beautiful lengths of fabric. At this stage I am not interested in doing it. 

I actually  took some cardmaking stuff as I didn't quite know what to expect and found at my new table all the ladies were making cards. Mind you I only made one in 3 hours.and took way too much stuff. Lots of chatting, and two other demos. Everyone started to pack up after 12 although it was supposed to go to 1 pm. So it was a hurry pack up for me, and now I can't find my card to show you. I think it is lost forever.

This is a quarter of the room with kitchen on right.

 We had a quick mini lesson on easy bookbinding, with heavy pages like  thin cardboard. I lot of emphasis is on the art journals and one lady, I know of,  sells them at the market.

 I didn't know it was such a going concern. Lots of stamping, ephemera like little envelopes tucked in, pages ripped out of old books, Cloth bits. Interesting to look at, and they are used as personal journals for writing on, no matter what the page looks like and some of them have quite a lot.

An example of one with a Forest Theme.
 To give those an idea, who haven't heard of them, this A5 one is $300 on Etsy. (DotsInspirationShop) A fair amount of work goes into them time wise. Any larger like A4 another $100 .

 

Hmmm, I might have to investigate how to use up a lot of my scrapbook, cardmaking, fabric, lace supplies.

On another note I finished my first oil  painting after 30 plus years, at the Saturday Morning Group. 

At the moment Art is all I can think of and suddenly lost interest in preserving, jewellery making, gardening to a degree, even spinning which I was doing last year. The miniatures I started photographing for an Etsy Shop, is on hold also.

I even joined Instagram and have 76 followers lol mostly miniature collectors and makers probably checking me out. They have to wait a long time though between photographs, 5 so far.

It is raining today, but look some of my seedlings are up.


For those who know my sister, her youngest daughter is having a son in September. Jan is very excited she has waited a long time to be a grandmother. As I tell my nieces and nephews I Am A Great Aunt.


Till Next Time


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.