Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Widgets

Finished Painting the Stairs & Garden Problems.

 It has been another hot week for me this past week, so I have  been photographing miniatures and uploading  to Etsy. I did empty a garden bed, a little every day, very early in the morning, but now it needs more soil to work it. I have to empty the trailer of mulch before John will take it to get some mushroom and cow manure mix for me.  Hopefully then will plant cabbages, kale, and broccoli with lettuce sprinkled about.

 Miss P came over yesterday thank goodness, I needed the company, so while I decluttered the downstairs a little bit more, mainly sorting out my art things, the last of the painting behind the stair rails was done. 

Before


The gap under the stairs is what all our camping stuff is in, John took a door off, but not sure why, and the cupboard next to it is full of my preserving bottles, plus boxes of old photos which have been put on computer.

After    

  The other sides needed doing as well.

First under coat and sanded back the drips.

All sides now need a 2nd coat and some of the Blue Heather on a side wood strip, and the stairs are done.   When it gets a bit cooler will organize for the new vinyl flooring on the steps.We still have 2 boxes in the garage somewhere to match to the upstairs flooring. I have been changing  my mind of not replacing the whole upstairs floor, and just living with the old flooring underneath it all, it is such a hassle of having all the furniture removed to do it.

Meanwhile Miss P had an idea with my overgrown back gardens.

I first thought to pull these all down and move some of the front wood box gardens to the back, to make the front neat and tidy. The suggestion was to still pull it down and load the bricks onto the edge gardens up to three high as easy to sit on as originally I thought, but to just put false grass down over the middle space and still leave the front.

 As I reckon we 2 girls can manage moving the brick except for the huge ones, that this is probably the easiest way. I always assume John will help, give ideas,  but it is too much for him to think about it, and he prefers  being out 3 days a week at the Community Gardens, plus holding workshops and doing computer work for others, and himself, so it is not going to happen very quickly. The Gazeboo roof is still waiting to be replaced after many, many years.

I have no idea who would do such manual work either as can't get any machines in, which was the only landscape company I asked, answer, and a 2nd single guy never turned up.

Even the pathway is loaded after the verandah was cleaned for painting, and I am tired of dealing with all this mess constantly.  Don't get me started on replacing the pond liner !!!!!!!

It is 10.30am and 31C already so coffee time and  find a cool spot.



Till Next Time.


2 comments:

  1. I like Miss P's idea, I think she's on to something there. Love the paint job, I'm curious about the Vinyl Flooring you are planning for the stairs. Will you do a runner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No runner, as too hard to vacuum, easier to sweep. Thank you for commenting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.