Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Widgets

A new Challenge - Miniatures

Last Friday at 8.30am it was 29C.  The whole week has been the same with high temperatures every afternoon, and my energy levels are zero. Today is not much better and the heat is exhausting.

I did pick some tomatoes, yesterday, they ripen so quickly these day, and I  then oven dried them, at 100C for 4 hours,  then froze to use them in pasta or on a salad. Several trays though come down to one tiny bag.

 

Mostly I have been sorting miniatures, all the left overs from our shop The Country Doll House, which I hope to sell on Etsy, even managed to have the same name. As yet not open as the next several weeks will be photographing and uploading, a very time consuming process.

 In the long run I would like to go back to making them, and specializing in what is known as a half inch scale, where every 1/2 inch = 1 foot.  The most common scale is 1 inch scale or 1:12 . Like quilting, metric doesn't seem to come in to this mainly as they are US based hobbies.

It will be a change from knitting socks, and embroidery. I have done so much of that in the past few years. 

I have been looking for something challenging, so why not this, the products are there, I hope the market is as well. I don't know if it will work or not but at least I am giving it a go.

My new Chain Of Hearts Plant

 Till Next Time, 


1 comment:

  1. I checked out the recipe, will have to try it, sounds like one I would like. Thanks Careena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.