Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Widgets

Ongoing Garden Upgrade Part Two

 Well it rained again, and all my plans got thrown out the window, in order to finish off our garden re do,  plus I have been out every day with craft, medical and solicitor, so the week has been busy as well.

I decided on my birthday to  update  with all my paper work with the solicitor, Power of Attorney, and Finance and a will. So if you haven't got you affairs in order as they say, I encourage that, especially a proper will, as we had all the trouble with mum's will being declared unsuitable, due to her alzheimers.

Today the sun has come out, and drying yesterdays washing, and I am making Spelt bread for the week so no gardening today except for a quick check up on seedlings. If you read regularly you would know that the Olive tree in the front was pruned severely, and my aim was to finish these two driveway gardens and mulch. Oh Well eventually I will get to it. 

Here though is what it looked like, with the avocado tree.

Now it looks like this, as the tree hasn't produced any avocados in 20 years at least even though it is grafted. I also think the Grass tree has died which is a shame we have had that even longer, possibly 30 years or more.

 I do have a passionfruit waiting to be planted,and will do so in the middle of the fence. I had one there before years ago and it did well. They go great with Yoghurt.

 I shall aim for flowers in this section now. The rose that was there has also died. I blame all the rain we have had as they are all sitting on a clay base.

The other side the Protea was pruned but there is this wild plant from next door taking over so a big clean up is due here also.

 Miss P is due to help me next Saturday so this is where we will start.

I did have the 3 eldest girls over before it rained, two are at Uni and were home. A few gardens were quickly weeded, and  the shed was cleaned out.

 They discovered thousands and thousands of tiny black ants. I have never seen so many before. So out came the hose and the whole thing was emptied and sprayed with fly spray  and then hosed out. Every pot had them as well. So much laughter as they attacked the ants. The eldest described it as Japans population of ants.

They rearranged the shed and I moved the nets and shade cloth from the verandah cupboards, and that  gave me more room to tidy and organize them. I shall also be painting them as looking very shabby.

The shed organized.

This is what the girls left for me.

Always more to do, I just hope I can finish it by the end of August, as still more inside painting plus the verandah as well to do.


Till Next Time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.