Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Widgets

There is Always More Work.

 I remember the Weather Bureau forecasting that Spring in Australia would be wet. Well it certainly has happened in this part of the world. Rained all week, again, and today a bit of a dry spell so I dashed out this morning to do a bit of weeding around the pumpkin patch, where I discovered two Butternuts growing and the strawberry patch to pull out all the mint that had taken over, and yes green strawberries growing. This week I will have to try and put hay under them and cover from the birds. 

4 of these piles. 5.4metres long.

 

In the meantime,this week our new recycled boards were delivered. Heavy things too. Our son came over twice after work and helped John cart them from the nature strip to the back, one at a time as so long and heavy. I was looking up what we did this time last year and the wire on the posts at the other end, was being put through then. Slow and Steady should be our motto I think.

While I was there took the water views from our verandah, in the mist.

I have been doing more painting, some crocheting at night, of which I am addicted to at the moment with a new afghan pattern. Embroidery, Quilting and a CWA meeting took up my time last week, and will be the same this week with a Card making class at the CWA hall I am helping with.  Out 3 days a week though is too much, with all I have to do, next week being the same with a CWA Christmas Market.

Now a  quick tour of the garden as with all of this rain, it is flourishing, weeds mostly, but plenty of flowers.Hedge needs cutting also.


Memory for my favorite Aunty Bett, Dad's sister, these came from her garden.



Queen Elizabeth Rose

We helped dig up an old garden for the Community Garden and found these bulbs. Kept a few but the garden has many as well.


I have 3 weeks to finish off the T & G painting before Christmas, with our youngest son and eldest daughter arriving then. The scaffolding trolley needs to move into the main hall as I have finished the bathroom entrance area. More photos when that is  all done. 

 
Never a dull moment


Till Next Time



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.