Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Widgets

More T&G Painting Work.

 It is raining today, just a gentle rain, and I expect it will last most of the day.

Just as well as I am feeling tired and in need of a rest. My lovely Daughter in Law came over to help me with the higher spots of our next venture into painting and John set of the scaffolding inside a very small space, so not a lot of room to move about in.

With DIL up and me down we got as far as we could go in a morning.

We have also had to leave the trolley "in situ" till this part is finished before it can be moved around the corner so to speak. First undercoat, which is a stain barrier, and done with a brush is on, and the holes filled in. A quick sand of the filled holes and two more coats, but next time with a roller, so will be a lot faster.

This area is now finished with first coat all over,

The higher roof can't be done till we move the scaffolding around.

I also finally finished the last coat on the bathroom and toilet windows. A quick seal of the toilet floor and the entrance part is also to be done and of course the doors.

 These small projects though can be anytime.You will note that the scaffolding has a small step ladder on it as well and this is how high we need to go to get to the top, and why we aren't doing the ceiling. As it is we need a ladder to get onto the scaffolding itself. 

My new clock has arrived for the gazebo and a smaller matching one for the front verandah.

The last pole to be painted white, when I do the floor

The air conditioning man finally arrived yesterday so now the front bedrooms have been organized to get hooked up. Just in time for when the children come home for Christmas. The bigger room tends to be my sewing room at the moment so that will be nice in the future, it can get hot in there during summer.

The Eco Deck is also about to be ordered. The 3 boys will all be together and going to help John pull up the old stuff and help lay the new. I just hope this plan will work as two are coming from Sydney.

It is a little hard to believe that finally things are coming together. Once the Qld. border opens in December we shall also be picking up our van, and the two chairs that my neices partner covered months ago, as well. 

Meanwhile taking it easy today with a bit of embroidery, between painting and a major weeding of the garden I have done enough this week. 

Till Next Time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.