Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Widgets

The Community Garden Spring 2021

 Daylight saving started for us today, which is always a bit of a challenge getting  used to it. I actually like it, and have automatically been waking up at 6.30am in the last couple of weeks, so should be ok. 

I decided this week to give everyone an update on the Community Garden. The AGM is this coming week and no doubt John will be President and Treasurer again, for his 5th year.

Looking up to the front from the bank garden.

The archway now has a built in garden for different varieties of passionfruit plants

The Hanging Gardens

It has been a long time since I have been down there. In a way I miss it, but there is plenty to do in my garden. The photos though show that it is very pretty with all the flowers out. The rose below I planted as a memory for my mum, before she died. It was growing in her garden, and I always liked it. Another yellow reminder I had forgotten about.

Banksia Rose with members beds behind

The members have turned quite a few beds over to flowers rather than vegetables. 


One of the original Grevillia I planted donated from Land Care. It has grown so much.

Bank Garden

Succulent Greenhouse

It is certainly a credit to all the members of how well kept it is, especially during these difficult times The tractor, ride on mower, water tanks, large compost heaps, worm farms and the pavillion with its solar power certainly has made things a lot easier, and a joy to me to see it all progressing so well from our early days. 


 Thanks to Marie for all the photos. 

August was the Garden Birthday. Vice President Robyn with John

We heard from the Lord Howe Island that they are cancelling our trip, which was in 3 weeks, due to Covid, so we have rebooked for next Nov 2022, hopefully things will havae improved by then. I may now consider getting at least one of my knees done, with plenty of time to heal. It is hard to know when it is a good time. 

The Purple Sweet Peas are finally flowering . Must be a late variety.

 

Till Next Time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.