Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Widgets

Port Macquarie Visit for Opthamology.

 John had to have an eye operation at Port Macquarie, this past week,  an hour and a half away, which was successful, but he can't drive till the middle of next week, and has 3 lots of eye drops 4 times a day that I am giving him, certainly organizes your day between. Some sort of film that was at the back of his left eye  had to be removed, so his eye sight will be much better now. This meant me driving back but also back and forth from where we were staying. 

Opthamology Hospital and Clinic owned by 6 Drs. Great Idea, and very professional.

 I can't say I will be rushing back  to Port Macquarie, though. The longest drive in, and long drives between anything, as it is so spread out. Every intersection seem to have a roundabout. Maybe we weren't in the area everyone visits, as it is a popular tourist destination, but I failed to see why. The Koala hospital is there which was a nice leafy green protected area we drove though daily and  I did enjoy our mini stay, in the Flynn's Beach Caravan Park. Very quiet and although I didn't attempt the long walk to the beach, was quite happy sewing in our little cabin. 

Kitchen/ Lounge all in one.
Bathroom off hall RHS

Had
This room had a wardrobe and a large space next to it for suitcases.

Nothing terribly flash but it was cheap, and we are saving for the new caravan. I liked the fact it had a kitchen, which is what I was aiming for. I must say though if you were a single lady one of these cabins with a bit more storage where the bunks were,with maybe a small washing machine and a set of drawers in the bedroom, it would make a great little house.

The area itself was lovely, and everything was very clean and tidy. The nights were very cold, but the cabin had an air conditioner, so we were warm enough. 

Would be lovely here in summer.

View outside kitchen window.

Some Permanent  Resident Buildings

The Office. Caravan Park is owned by one family.

Getting back home to our routine was a bit of a let down,  and it is still very cold at night. Winter has certainly set in. Time now to finish painting the Gazebo, I was going to start it yesterday but it was so cold, we lit the fire instead and I caught up with my embroidery. 

Can you believe June starts next week, where has the year gone?

Till Next Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.