Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Widgets

June Garden Update

 Although the mornings and evenings have been quite cold, if you can get into the sun it has been lovely, and that is what I have done this week. Weeding, thinning and mulching. I do love this time of year, when you can get actual control over plants. 

Love the look of these two at the moment an Aloe and  Poinsettia.
My little Mandarain tree super juicy picked 6 so far.
The lemon I cut back hard, still a good height and enough lemons.
Herb Garden 

Really attacked the herb garden, everything was so overgrown. I want to halve the rhubarb plant from down the back and add it here. I potted up Thyme, and Oregano for sale at the Community Gardens. Just waiting now for them to adapt to pots. Going to add some Babys Breadth (Gypsophila) seed to here as well, as I love the prettiness of this flower especially with my roses in a vase. Now is the time to do it.

Snow peas now producing, these are the short variety. Cos and Gem lettuces.

Broccoli

Broccoli are doing well, watered them really well and gave them some mulch. I am hovering on giving them a liquid fertilizer boost, maybe just seaweed mixture. I did put heaps of stuff in to the soil. Same deal with the cabbages. Both have been covered with netting and I have had no trouble with the white moths.

Cabbages

More lettuces on the the other side. Amazing how many come up in a seed sprinkle.

Garlic, sweet peas and beans in this corner.

 The above bed is full of odd things from cherry tomatoes, which I have pulled out, garlic, lettuce and I planted 3 chillies. The cherry tomatoes and great for picking daily even now as some are down the back. I much prefer them in a salad. Easy to grow and no fruit fly. John likes the big tomatoes but they are so much trouble against fruit fly, netting or bagging them depends on where I put them and they grow so high as well. I am expecting some seedlings to come up in this bed and will replant them around. Yellow and red ones.   

John has been attacking the side garden. It was a mess. He has dug up some bulbs, a Hippeastrum and my white hydrangea. The soil is not good full of roots etc, and no life. I will add some Chook manure, blood and bone and we will mulch it heavily. Thinking of taking cuttings of the Poinsetta and adding it to the corner as they can be pruned easily. I would love the yellow Frangipani, that is in a pot  to go there but the other one, a pink one, is fairly large so not a lot of spreading room .

Next door had a huge Mango and a Red Cedar cut down and mulched, and she ask for a small amount of mulch to be left, hence the pile in the photo, which is actually quite large. The now empty space has  opened up the street landscape a lot, and most likely let in a lot more light to this garden.

Finally had to  pick this gorgeous rose.


Till Next Time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.