Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Widgets

An Autumn Week

 It has been rather a quiet week this week, sorted a ton of paperwork, which then I burnt in the fire. How I love sitting by it, the kettle usually simmering on top, I am  so enjoying the cold spell we are having. 

 John has slowly each day done some more pressure cleaning and it is such a great improvement from before.

Attacking the back veg. garden.

 
Gives you an idea of before.

Steps down by the first hedge.

I finished and dressed two mice, which I forgot to take a  finished photo of,  for the CWA craft room along with some other dolls, which I put on consignment so hope it will be an outlet for selling as I love making them, but can't keep doing it or I will end up with way too many.
 

 

Last of his kind can't get fur fabric anymore.

Now at the CWA

My obsession with the African Violets I spoke about last week, now equals 4 plants. The purple leaves I propagated in water, and once they rooted, transplanted them, and they are doing well. Now I am propagating two white flower leaves and the roots on them have grown, just need to put them in soil and keep damp for a week or so while they take off. 

White ones now ready to plant.

3 purple ones now.

The trouble is I got these from my Embroidery Leader and can't buy any, anywhere so if you have some spare leaves do let me know. 

Breaking down the Mother's Day Flowers

While I was at it my Mother's Day flowers were 10 days old, so  I pulled it all apart, re cut the stems and distributed them around the house. I took some cuttings of the chrysanthemum, but not sure they will work at all, even though you can also root these in water as well. 

I am in a declutter mode and as I tend to spread myself around from room to room, taken to collecting everything in site and then sorting. Sometimes it looks like I oversorted or overcollected with bits in a circle around me but it is working. The dining room table is full of stuff to sell, with more adding, so fingers cross that actually happens. 

I spent a lovely afternoon going through all my embroidery books looking for a wool blanket project, as I have  many blank knee blankets ready to do. This is because of the days working at Spotlight, with bargains. In June our group is starting on wool embroidery. This  month has been Brazilian embroidery work.

Next week we are off to Port Macquarie  for 2 nights for John's eye operation.


Till Next Time 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.