Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Widgets

Grieving, RA and Loss

It hasn't been an easy week, I didn't grieve as much for my dad as I have for my mum, which surprises me. On top of this though my Rheumatoid has been such a pain literally, especially my left wrist that feels like it is broken, but is not,and because my right elbow is swollen, it is hard to use my right arm. Getting dressed is the first obstacle I have had to achieve every day, when pain levels and an increased sadness of losing my independence and my mother are at its highest. 

Both processes of grieving and RA, use up a lot of energy while trying to heal, and being in bed for 12 hrs a day seems to be the norm this week. We have also had an extremely cold weather shift so I suppose a few extra hours in the warmth is doing me more good than harm.
The afternoons are a lot easier and I found some painkillers mid week that my RA Dr. prescribed last year and these have helped to bring some of the inflammation down, while I wait for the new self injections to start in a fortnight.

All this difficulty has really bought home  how hard it is too deal with this house and back garden. The steps for one, cleaning another, it takes me a full day just to clean windows, and maintenance that doesn't get done. I really cannot understand why John stubbornly, doesn't want to move to a flat block and smaller more modern home, especially while we are still able to sell and pack up, and enjoy a new easier life at this stage, for his health is not much better. 
This is half of what was piled at the front door.
One nice thing that happened this week was my Daughter in Law picked up all the op shop boxes, and delivered them somewhere for me, along with a small amount she had herself. John had also picked up all of  mum's stuff so most of that went as well. Her car was packed to the roof, but I am ever so grateful for the help. Now on to another lot of decluttering, when I am able. Just sweeping the floor is hard enough for the moment. 

Miss P also came on Saturday, and she did everything on her own, once I explained, while  I sat in the sun to keep her company and pulled a few weeds. The potatoes had grown so high they desperately needed filling in, along with picking all the many, many limes off the tree.
One of many pots being filled
 
 Miss P also cut back a sprawling tomato plant, that was actually blocking a walkway, and after lunch she juiced most of the limes, filling a 4 litre container, which I then decanted by 2 cups into sandwich bags and froze. There is still about 20 of these left and they are very, very juicy. To finish the day
Miss P made a whole of lime cake and a choc chip coconut  slice. At 12 she is becoming quite a good cook.

Before Pruning
 
I asked John to prune back both trees to shoulder height and changed my mind to actually get rid of the lemon which is the tree on the right. One less thing to deal with.
He is not quite finished, and the wheely bin is full. I will probably just plant some flowers in the space may be a yellow daisy or similiar. I have also asked for my grandaughter to come back next week, as she has missed a day, with everything going on, and makes me feel so much better.

It is time to think about planting some seeds for Spring, in the starter pots, something I can actually manage, so this week will try and get my act together and do something positive.
Keep safe those in Victoria, Sydney, and my LA daughter, dealing with this virus wave.

 Till Next Time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.