Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Widgets

Cutting Down The Mulberry.

This week I started to cut down the tall mulberry limbs that grow every year. Normally I have used them to make my french style stick fences. This dries out the wood and then the following year they are my kindling for starting the fire. This year I just cut it all up. John also helped me out and cut the tree down to 3 main limbs. Hopefully it will grow back but the tree had so many twists and turns it was a bit of a mess.

Mulberry Tree in Background.
Mulberry Tree Now

Branches waiting to be carried to the top level.
 I dragged all the branches up to the top level and cut them up, leaves and all ready for drying out. Eventually we will use these for the fire but not this year.


The strawberry bed is finished, and seem to be growing all right. Not sure whether to add a few more.
Left the tomato bush there as it has quite a few cherry tomatoes on.


The bottom area always gets out of control as I tend not to go down there much. So as usual it was a mess and this week filled the bin with all the weeds. My sister gave me some fish along with a bucket full of heads and tails, which I planted deep with some cow manure over the top before filling in with the soil. I marked the spots and have ordered more roses. I know, I know don't need any more but was reading up on old fashioned roses and how they are much easier to grow than the newer varieties, which tend to be high maintenance. These date back to the 1800's plus and often named after Mrs. somebody or Duchess somebody. Be a funny conversations if two rose enthusiasts started talking about how Duchess Somebody is not looking too good compared to Mrs Somebody. Haha.

New Rose Garden with fish parts buried underneath. 

There has been some nasty weeds growing from the land behind us, which is only dealt with every now and then so getting into our garden. Resorted in John  spraying them something I never do, but getting to the bottom of this is the only way to control them.


 I pass this lime tree every time I go into the back and they are certainly getting big. Really thick skins though.


As much as I want to get rid of the pool, the waterlilies still look lovely.

I try and spend an hour every morning in the garden before tackling the housework or decluttering. The afternoon is for my craft, usually my dolls, because by then I have mostly run out of energy, so the days are settling into routine.

 I have also started listening to The Dragonriders Of Pern one of my favorite book series, by Anne McCaffrey, as I sew, You Tube has quite a few of  them in audible, so if you like Sci Fi stuff  this is the list of recommended reading  or listening in this case, how she wrote them, rather than in chronological order.

Dragon Riders of Pern Book List.

and this is the first book on youtube, but be warned I find them addictive.




Hope everyone is managing to keep busy in lock down.


Till Next Time.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.