Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Widgets

Easter Weekend in Lockdown

Easter Sunday and the sun is shining for once, which is lovely as we have had another wet week. Not much being done in the garden but while it was raining took the chance between showers to plant cabbage, wongbok, and cauliflower. Broccoli will be planted if I can just get some seedlings up, tried twice now.

Cabbage

Wong Bok Cabbage & Cauliflower

The other end which will have broccoli with pak choy in between.

I have a lot of old seeds so instead of just throwing them out, I am planting complete packets just in case something comes up. Decided to use a large bed, out back, for only flowers and made sections on the soil with sand, then sowed the seeds in rows, so I knew if it was a flower and not a weed. An idea I got from Alan Titchmarsh., one of my favorite gardeners.

Nut grass is a pain but I can see really tiny seedlings in some of the patches.

 John managed to finish off the back area as well, between showers.

Compost area, might bring another here as well.

Rolling bin compost.

The rolling bin compost is quite big so it was put in the sewage outlet area. This has to be kept open at all times and it is also 2 steps down. The lemon tree stump is now out and I think I will put flowers here, also, but more in the line of daisy bushes, or similar.  The soil though is hard as rock so need digging over.  The area behind the big compost bin is another step down and I am not sure what I will do here. If there was an outdoor cupboard or even shelves off the fence,I could house flower pots. It is long enough to take stakes as well, although not at ground level as will get too wet lying down.

Area behind big compost another step down.


I decided the  garden area after I fill it with some decent soil will be great for the strawberries I want to move from the front. They are producing babies and creeping along taking up too much space. The garden is now a large square, so after it is set up  with some stakes in the corners for netting,  I think I can keep the lizards out. The net will also help the blueberries, there is a nice rhubarb plant here as well. So now I will refer it as my soft fruit garden lol, very posh.

I am ready to prune the roses, if only they stop flowering.



Maybe next week if the rain stops, can actually do much more work in the garden. I did take advantage though of it and planted beans and carrots.

Beans on LHS just starting to show through.


 Yesterday was mums birthday she is 87, my sister rang the nursing home and they had her in the public lounge area which was nice.

Other than the odd burst of energy, it has been a fairly slow week, I actually forgot it was Easter, but staying home really doesn't bother us, there is always something to do. Maybe I will catch up!

                                               HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE


Till Next Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.