Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Widgets

Tomatoes, Tomatoes,Tomatoes

Only a short blog this week as it has been such a hot week that I have stayed in our  air conditioned lounge room for most of the time. Good news is I am feeling much better and finally given up the prednisone tablets, which was a real worry for me. Slowly I am getting some energy back as well, although being careful not to go mad and do too much.  The methotrexate is finally starting to work thank goodness.

My Little Nest Area

I have been working on the dolls, mostly, but also the tomatoes have been picked, and one bed cleaned. Soon it will be time to think about cabbages again, in fact I could plant them now, well seeds anyway, but with water restrictions might hold out till February.

Left two tomatoes that started to sprout again and cut the rest back. Basil is very healthy.

These  two areas  also need cleaning up.

 

So this week I had better sort out the tomatoes, trouble is I have enough puree, bruschetta, relish, and frozen and I don't need sauce.

Still in the fridge

Picked yesterday

Bought home by John  from the community garden today.

At this stage I am thinking of blitzing 2/3rds of them, adding citric acid, and boiling the mixture down a bit, to thicken. Then bottling it in my small jars seeds and all. This I can then use for anything that requires a tin of tomatoes so to speak.

Have to laugh at the potatoes, John has been bringing this amount home weekly so I haven't dug all of mine up, I have a feeling some have sprouted again. Never before have I had so many potatoes.

Other than visiting mum every week, I haven't left the house for anything else, since Christmas, so today we went and saw Jumanji at the local theatre as they had a special of $9 on the tickets. Really enjoyed it. There was a hint in the credits with a trailer that there will be a No.4 as well, which is something to look forward to.

My sister found out there is an Embroidery Expo in Brisbane next month so we have lined ourselves up to go. If anyone is interested this is the web site.

https://www.embroideryconvention.com.au/


So that's it, for now.  Till Next Time







1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice, an embroidery convention. Looking forwards to seeing that post. Amazing Tomatoes! So happy to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.