Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Widgets

Taking it Easy

Good and bad news this week, sadly I can not go to the Embroidery Expo in Brisbane as that weekend I have a talk on seed saving, at Woolgoolga Community Garden. This is a paid workshop and as this is funding my doll adventure, need to do this. There is always the Stitches and Craft or similar we could visit, later in the year.

Good news is I finished bottling the tomatoes with blitzing them as well as adding onion and garlic, then adding a variety of herbs like rosemary, paprika, thyme, and a couple of stock cubes. Ended up with 6 bottles of thickish mixture. I still kept a third back for eating, so did well I think.


Other than that, because it has been so hot, been concentrating on my dolls and embroidered cloth which I hope to finish in a week or so as  I assume class will start beginning Feb. after Australia Day. I also have been sample knitting little jackets, in cotton 4 ply, and now need to steam block them.

Knitted in cotton for different size dolls

I have been trying a new face for a much more sculptured doll that I didn't like the face to. This one to me has appeal, I shall see once I get some hair on her. I am rather liking the embroidery for the eyes, although it takes more time, rather than beads. It is very relaxing.


My next doll is in felt, and smaller, which will be unusual for me, as I haven't worked with  felt before, and it arrived this week.

I have ordered some different material as well a Kona Cotton, for yet another type. Chasing all this stuff down does take time, so hopefully it will pay in the end, otherwise when I am gone the Children's Hospital will get a great donation in dolls lol. Love making them.

 Yesterday and last night we had a great deal of rain, so I hope you also got it in your area. Would be lovely to see the drought break but I don't think that was it. At least the tanks partially filled up again.

Beetroot on Left Carrots on Right.

I am experimenting with some seeds, by putting in water till sprouted then mixing up a gluggy  cornflour paste, and combining the seeds with the cold mix. This is then put in a zip lock and cutting a hole in the corner then squeezing it along a row in soil. As the seeds are already sprouted should just start growing. We shall see, and will keep you informed.

Tomorrow we are expecting a landscape guy to give us a quote on fixing the back yard up. That should be interesting!!!$$$

Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, well done on the tomato base, looks great. Do you make the dolls bodies or buy them? So patient with the eye embroidery! What pattern do you use for the dolls clothes? What is 'steam blocking'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make the Doll Bodies as I will be selling them in my shop. Steam blocking is pinning any knitted item down and pressing or steaming into shape. Clothes are from Doll knitting Patterns but I changed a bit.Google free knitting patterns or paid there are heaps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.