Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Widgets

A Slow Week

It has been a bit of a struggle this week to find the energy to do anything. I cannot decide if it is my health or just the weather or a bit of both. It is still taking a couple of hours first thing to move around and my kness are still painful. Will be interesting to see what my blood results will produce in 2 weeks. What a worry all these fires have been as well. My Brother in Law  and wife are still hovering in Bega and thinks his house is ok in Quaama  NSW as the fire came up to the walls,  but definitely knows he has lost a 2nd car, caravan, trailer and all the land on his large block. Hopefully this coming week they will be allowed back in. Luckily there has been a cool change, that has calmed things down a bit, but NSW and Vic are still in a lot of strife.

This lack of energy and going to our TV room where there is air conditioning has given me a good chance to work on the dolls for the shop. I finished one and really pleased with it.


It has taken a while with embroidering the face and getting to know this pattern with not much time over Christmas/New Year, but finally getting to spend every day doing a little bit.



Over the past 4 months I have been trying out a lot of different body patterns, the heads are the hardest to make a doll cute and saleable, but slowly getting to what I like. I am adding ears and a bit of sculpturing to this particular pattern.


I like using the embroidered eye system so will try doing this on different shaped heads on different bodies I have experimented with, and see how that goes.

One of several experimental bodies.

 The smoke is again over the garden today and we are now only watering on odd number days. We are picking approximately 12 tomatoes every 2nd. day to the point I think I  had better do something with them but can't think what. We have enough puree,relish and bottled ones now from last year. Also the chilli plant which is only small has been producing well. They are really hot too, and I think John will make some sweet chilli sauce with them, hopefully a tomato one lol. Anything hot or super vinegar pickles is his domain as I don't eat it. 


I really don't enjoy this time of year the heat and humidity gets to me, especially now while I get control of RA. When I get enough energy, the tomato plants can come out. Once the temperature gets to over 30 they don't produce any as too hot. I could still put in some young ones just to grow but will wait till February for that, which is also the time to think about cabbages, more carrots, lettuce, bok choy. The potatoes aren't all dug up yet as they stay fresher in the ground till we need them.

I also have a long list of projects to do from decluttering, clothes,books,objects to big renovation projects, but it is all too hard at the moment. 

Mum had another fall this week, and I think both my sister and I are just waiting for her to go. We visit every week, but she is getting weaker and weaker and needs help just to stand up to hold her walker, then she is off constantly going round and round the halls. Her eyes though show nothing.

Prayers go out to all those who need it in these fires.

Till Next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.