Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Widgets

ABC - Arthritis, Lunch Break, Choir

Finally got to see my Dr. this week, she took one look at me barely walking in and promptly gave me a prescription for Prednisone, bone density tests, blood tests and a new appointment tomorrow. Prednisone thins the bones which as I was on it fairly long term before I have to be very careful having a fall, as I am sure to break something. Anyway after much protesting she let me be on it just 10 days, as it is one of those drugs you have to scale back on. It certainly stopped the pain but noticing again today it is coming back, as I downsize the dosage, so hopefully will start something better tomorrow.


Dec 11th.2017

This didn't stop me going out although I have been driven everywhere not trusting myself and Jan and I did a weekly visit to  Mum's, again who is looking very frail.

Alzheimers is such a sad disease, when the person you love remembers nothing or can't speak.

Nov. 28th. 2019









  I missed my embroidery class Monday but we had our Christmas Luncheon at a cafe set in a garden.
There is a great shop attached as well. We exchanged home made goodies which was great as none of us need anymore things.

The chicken collector in me loved this stand.

The Sawtello Choir is being asked to do a few "gigs" and yesterday we sang at a fund raising for the Bush Fire Brigades, which was an all day thing. We sang at about 5.30 at the Coramba Pub, and it was the noisiest crowd. Lots of rock bands  had been playing and raffles, and auctions being held so we were quite a change. After our Choir Leader explained we were a Gospel Choir as he turned around and got us organized, someone yelled "Hurry up Pastor" which made our Alto group who was nearest laugh, as Andrew  is just a choir leader, and not many of us go to church anyway. I think the nickname will stick.

Inside the pub

Part of the donated Auctions and Raffle Prizes.

We sang our way through noise, laughter, chatter, waitresses and watching a  drunk  fello trying to join in, one bizarre moment after the other. I think we sounded all right we got lots of claps, funniest gig ever I think.

We sang where the Firies are in yellow, up close and personal.

Triple the amount of  people behind this table as in front. It was a large crowd.

To end this week today we attended the Christmas Break up party, of the Choir, down at the river. Although there is a BBQ end of  every term, first one we have attended. Everyone brings their instruments for a singalong, so lots of laughter and fun.




It is nice to see also the cooler weather as well, as it has rained a little also this week. At least the smoke has settled some what. I must say another busy and interesting week, despite Dr. visits.

 Till next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.