Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Widgets

Frangipani, Beans, and a Pie

As a blogger you automatically take photos, as you go along the week. Sometimes I don't even know what I will say unless I look at the photos and this was such a week. I forgot what I had taken.

There has been so much pain in my body that I have had to move to an upstairs bedroom as managing the stairs early morning is so, so hard. Then struggling with breakfast and painkillers just to sit while something kicks in, doesn't stop it but dulls enough to actually do something. It is a bit of a waiting game changing over medicines as my Dr. is being very careful of what will affect me.

What I forgot about was the beans.

Beans dressed and ready for blanching once cut.

If you remember my beans were riddled with a Rust disease so I asked John to pick them all early this week. 2 big baskets full even I was surprised what was there. Some were a bit big so these I shelled and froze them as is. I remembered this idea from Vivi's Kitchen Garden, as she referred to  the word Demi-Sec, for beans that get to hard to eat. Don't know yet what I will do with them maybe with a sauce of some kind.

Ones that needed shelling. Demi-Sec

Thank goodness for my sister, who rings me every day to check on me, but also to take me to mum's, driving being out of the question. This week though we stopped at a Frangipani Display out the front of someone's house, as Jan said a bright light on a smokey day, or something to that nature haha.


It was the yellow one that caught my eye, I had never seen such a bright yellow, so Jan kindly got out and took the photos.



The others were all different colours, so I think they had been collected from friends and neighbours sort of thing rather than buying them.




This is the common one.

We drive pass this house every time and it was so unexpected, to suddenly notice them.



I tried out another pie this week, Chicken Pot Pie. I am really impressed with the Kmart Family Pie Maker. I pre cooked the chicken, mixed veg, stock cube, and just added to the pastry. Took about 10 mins and ended with 2 little ones as well which was lunch the next day. The big pie does us twice. Been doing that a lot lately, having the same meal twice in a row.




Cleome

So there we go another week gone by. Hopefully I will manage to get to choir this week, I was just too worn out  last Thursday evening, and we have another "gig" at Carols by Candlelight on the14th. and really need to make the effort to go. Not that we are singing any carols, we have never learnt any, but everyone is allowed 4 songs. It will be the first time I have attended this, even though it is held every year.

The fires now are getting really bad everywhere in Australia so stay safe every one.

Till Next Time.


2 comments:

  1. I’m sorry you are in pain,Chris. I hope you feel better soon.

    I love the scent of frangipani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil, and it will sort itself out eventually.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.