Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Widgets

Out and About

I was hoping by this week my Rheumatoid problem had been solved, but my Doctor cancelled due to her being sick so have had to wait for another week which hasn't been easy as the pain  in my shoulders, wrists and arms plus knees has proved quite a problem, especially trying to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow things will start to improve.

Roses picked this week.

Nevertheless I have managed to hobble to various things, choir, a visit to mum of which afterwards we went to our favorite cafe. It was surrounded in smoke but it was nice to enjoy morning tea there after a long absence. Mum was very withdrawn more than usual, not that she knows us, but just sat there staring into space. She had just been showered before we arrived, and always hits out so think it traumatizes her as well. We didn't stay very long.

I hate taking selfies but this one seemed to work ok.
View from our table
Other end.

Our place as usual is always smokey, and the sun sets as a very bright red. Photos don't seem to pick up how bright it appears, and you can take a picture of the early morning sun just looking straight at it no filters.

Morning  Sunshine.

In the garden this week, the beans have sadly picked up a rust. This is what I found.

Purple King Climbing Beans

Rust on green beans is caused by a fungus that attacks all above ground parts of the bean plant, but it is most commonly seen on the underside of the leaves.
The rust fungus is not seed-borne, but overwinters on old bean plants. Spores produced on old bean plants are spread to new bean foliage by the wind. 
Early symptoms of the disease may be seen approximately five days after spores land on the leaves. A new crop of spores is produced about every 10 days. The development of rust is favored by cloudy, humid weather and an optimum temperature of around 75 degrees F.

Some of the seeds I used were hanging off the trellis even though I had pulled last years beans down so I used some of them , and obviously this has done the trick of creating this rust. No seed saving this time, in fact I think I will go through all my seeds and throw out what I don't need and basically declutter everything even if I start again on all new packets etc. Not collecting for the Community Garden anymore, and after my Seed Saving talk in February that will be that. 

Bean Rust

I asked John to spray them but he didn't cut the leaves off and this I will have to do as it just spreads more. A lesson has been learnt and there will still be lots of beans growing. 

Today Jan and I went into a Made With Love market, though we queried a few stalls as "handmade" 140 in all, and took up a top story car park. I forgot to take a photo, so took this off their Facebook site. This would have been half of what we saw, but didn't buy anything except an owl  book mark from a brilliant artist. Jennifer Scott ...  http://artisticinnature.com.au/
 
Small part of Made With Love Market.
 
Then we hit Spotlight and spent all our money lol .


Till Next Time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.