Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Widgets

Walking the Promenade


As a continuation of last week, with my brother and sister in law visiting we decided to take them to one of the local markets, about half an hour or so away at Coffs Harbour Jetty.

Brother and Sister

 It actually wasn't very well attended that day unfortunately, probably due to the excessive heat we have been having, and we went very early at 8am. Last week one day reached 40C, phew that is hot.

Always more plants to buy

 The ocean was gorgeous as we were there early morning. Lots of surfers about as well.


 The walk, known as the promenade here, leads down to the Marina, and a few local cafes, which were not open by 9 am and we were all dying for a drink.

This promenade has been upgraded as is wonderful.
  
Looking down to the Marina area



My brother is a great photographer, and won several competitions, so the chance to photograph fishing boats was a good idea, seeing he lives in Victorian Country.



 Both my sister and sister-in-law stayed at the top while we investigated the ships.

 

 Finally, we found the Yacht club open for coffee and cake, or in their case breakfast lol.  It has a lovely outlook over the ocean, and an ideal place to book dinner New Years Eve, as all the fireworks happen at that time in front of you. We did it once as my sisters birthday is New Years Day.
 
View from the table
 
My coffee and hummingbird cake.

 Getting back to the car we walked along the beach edge. All this area has been upgraded and a large set of steps circles this area.

 
Water was warm. 


Only a quick one this week as I have been ill with a gastric infection, which followed from Root Canal, and double antibiotics, although I still have to see an orthodontist to finish it off. It has been a rather painful week, and my Dr. told me to cancel my hospital infusion and make it for this coming week, but all is well now, and I feel fine.

Till Next Time


1 comment:

  1. Good to see the promenade has opened. Was still under construction when we were there last. Hope the tooth is healing well. Love Ant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.