Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Widgets

Woo Hoo AGM in the Pavilion, Flowers and Veg.

Well I never thought I would finally see the day that our meetings for the Community Garden were held in the pavilion but today was" the" day. John and I were re-elected, John President /Treasurer and myself as Secretary/ Garden Co-ordinator. Not surprisingly really, but I am personally willing to put in another year, the main work is nearly finished so hopefully a little easier this year with more teaching and workshops.

Workman packing up

The pavilion is 3 metres high, which was a surprise and we will work on having a skirt  60cms deep in the same metal around the top and putting up some shadecloth  and bistro blinds.

Finshed

Today though there was enough shade but the wind was a little chilly. All these problems can be worked around. We are now waiting on a grant to see if we can install a kitchen easily and also have to inform the solar people that they got the grant for that. Some brickwork by the members we have to do first in the kitchen area and  that will be our next step.

Plenty of Shade
Newly elected.
General meeting

While in the garden this morning I picked some carrots from a bed I had started and also some rhubarb to hand out to the lucky members who attended the AGM. Ended up bring a lot home as well.

Can I grow carrots or what!!!!!

Meanwhile the flowers last week were picked for the Centro market and we made $56 which is not much but all counts. All the flower bunches sold, some at 1/2 price but it is a start.If I had more than 3 bunches of sweet peas could have sold them all at $5, next year will plant more.

Sorting out for bunches

John and I went down at 7.30am after I picked a heap from my garden as well, and gathered what we could before tieing them up into bunches we thought worth $5, based on Aldis bunches but a little bit more.

Boot full
The only way to cart them in was by trolley.

Must admit they looked great on the table, although we were in front of Kmart for the 4th. time which is not so good. Going to write a letter and ask to be put somewhere else for a change, we might have better luck.

Richard and Janelle

So that was my week, busy as usual.

Till next time.











1 comment:

  1. Amazing! Those carrots are huge! I love that you sell seeds as well, congrats on completing the Pavilion and being re-elected. Good luck with the Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.