Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Widgets

Back to the Front Garden Update

Several posts ago I mentioned that I would show you the Front Garden as we have just about finished  updating it,  and I am very pleased with it. Now that September is here I will start the summer vegetables and really get it going.


This is the overall picture of most of the front now. We used false grass to go between the beds. There are 7 beds with two  L shape beds on the boundary.

Showing my square foot garden.

 One bed I am turning into a square foot garden as best I can as there is a small bit  on the edge left over which is perfect for my climbing beans and cucumbers, when I put the rods up to hold trellising.

Right Hand Side with L Shape Garden

I originally saved a lot of plants in pots and I am still sorting out what to do with them. The right hand side has a largish triangle spare bit, between beds, in which I have put a rose and lemon grass in pots.

Carrots

This right hand garden is filled with carrots, beetroot, spinach, celeriac, and snow peas that I am letting go to seed.

Beetroot and Spinach with sweet peas trailing over from corner area

Snow Peas  going to seed, Celery and Celeriac plus spinach.

Lettuce bed in front of the glasshouse


The bed in front of the glasshouse I have planted lettuce, and one zucchini and some celery. I haven't really thought about this one and use it to put the seedlings in the sun for the moment. Will probably put a squash here as well.

Between all the beds is the false grass. This both saved doing the paving and now eliminates most of  the weeds coming up between. I like the look now it is down.

Left Hand side L shape  garden and first bed which is 15  foot ( 5 metres approx.)long

Under neath the netted beds have been red and green cabbages, broccolli, kale, rocket  and pak choy. This has kept the moths out and we have regularly been picking cabbages as well as bringing them home from the community gardens.

Picked from my garden last week, Chinese Cabbage, Vertus with the crinkly leaves at back and  smooth pointy Greyhound
One of the Cabbage beds.
Vertus Cabbage my favorite
All the flowers I planted on the side garden are now starting to flower. Looks fabulous.
Azalea on the Veranda End is a picture.
Pansies
Corner at the front, still kept the old fence and wheel.
Footpath side.

Looking Back to the Corner
The herb garden near our verandah is going strong. Lost the Rosemary in the transfer but now have a new one started from cuttings at the Community Garden, which originally came from my garden anyway. 
Smallest Garden Red Cos and Marigolds and Daffodils
The herb garden is still going strongly, and in a great place nearest the front door.
Herb Gadren
I hope you enjoyed this tour, once summer is here it should be overloaded, and looking forward to all the vegetables. Till Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.