Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Widgets

2018 Bellingen Plant Fair

We decided to go to the Plant Fair this year as I still had to get some more fruit trees for the Community Garden, plus it is a fun thing to do.

One fruit tree seller


One of the beauties of this particular park is all the trees, plenty of shade in the hot weather.


John tested out the different types of citrus fruit, which I thought was nice of the sellers.


One thing I learned is if you don't go early, you will miss out. Customers were bringing in wheeled trolleys to put masses of plants in. Amazing to see, I suppose for some it is much easier than starting their own seeds, and of course it is officially Spring. .

A Range of Gardening Books

There was quite an array of flowering plants, Australian Natives, Succulents, and Flowers



Eucalyptus Rainbow Gum

Clivia

Bougainvillea

A large range of daisies

Pelargoniums and Begonias

Heliconia

One stand had a gorgeous cockatoo, that constantly said "hello". One way of bringing the customers.



I ended up buying an Avocado tree, a Red Panama Passion Fruit, A May Bush, and a Pomegranate for the Community Garden, a 2 Tea bushes one for me as well.


We arrived at 9am and left at 11am, and by the end with all the walking my knees were playing up with rheumatoid arthritis, and painful. The past two months has been a bad time for it.

Coffee Station

Not a lot of food stalls only about 5,  but this was interesting with its potatoes.

This area had the only bric a brac and vegetable stalls.

Raffle for the Bellingen Seed Savers.

 I bought pumpkins seeds Kent and Musquee de Provence and raffle tickets, which we didn't win.

John pointing out a book on collecting succulents.

Entertainment at the Fair.



If you follow my blog you will know I like to collect Hippeastrums. They are very expensive but I couldn't let this go, with thanks to my best friend in Melbourne who gave me $10 towards a birthday present. Bought one that is still to flower.


I also collect succulents so they were 5 for $10 with a wide choice. Took a while to pick 5 out.

Lots of stunning orchids also.

Once we finished here, we went on and had lunch at the Old Butter Factory.It was really hot as well about 25C and after having 19C and 20C days overnight of 7C or below a bit of a shock. We drank a full litre of cold water between as plus an ice cold fresh juice, beetroot,carrot, apple, delicious. They hadn't even changed over from the breaky menu but smoked trout for John and BLT for me did us for the rest of the day. Despite the sore knees really enjoyed our day.

Till next time.





2 comments:

  1. I would have found it very hard to resist bringing home some of those plants! How wonderful to see such variety. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most take cash only, maybe a good thing, that was my limit.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.