Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Widgets

New Carpet, Seedlings & a Market Stall.

 It has been a busy week, though I don't have much to show for it. A lot of time spent on the computer sorting out the caravan club members lists, sending them out,  plus helping the Secretary. Hopefully once this takeover settles down, there will be  not a lot to do. It is a bit disappointing that the meetings are on a Saturday though, as I miss out on Art. I more or less have to go with the sign on sheets, as in my care.

I was very pleased that the new carpet turned up, last Wednesday,but that meant a hurried day to finish off emptying out the two rooms, moving the last of the boxes . A pathway was also made via the back verandah, so he could carry in the huge rolls straight down the hallway rather than the zig zag route via the entrance.  It took our carpet man all day till 6pm to lay it down, including the stairs and did a  very thorough professional result.

Old Carpet in Guest Bedroom, more brown tones.

New which is very similar in pattern but smaller and colour is in the grey tones.

 Carpet rolls are the old one and are to be used in the Large Shipping Container when it finally gets installed.

 

Stairs gives a better look.

I have been getting stuck into the front gardens, and eventually bought seedlings, as haven't really had time to start them off. So bought Lettuce,Cabbage,Basil,Leeks Coriander, Parsley, Marigolds, Snapdragons,Salvia, Primula  and Paper daisies. Plus I lashed out with a Pink Chrysanthemum plant.

I was all keen today to plant but would you believe it is raining and cold.

I have got some Brocolli planted from the ones, Johns brother gave him, but way too many for the Community Garden, I don't know what they will do with them all.  It is a bit late but I planted 8 of them just in case.

Protected against the white moth. They are very small plants though.

The following bed is ready to go, dug over, added soil, and cow manure took me 2 days, so unfit. At the top end I will be planting the rhubarb from the back garden.


The Community Garden had its first Monthly Market Stall at Centro, after 2 years of the covid shutdown. They were the only ones there, thanks to an elderly member who directly asked Centro Management, could they do it. Approximately $360 was made,  the largest amount ever, so worth asking sometimes, as this time it paid off. 


I helped John pick some yellow chrysanthemums, and then empty the car of  plants, jams and pickles, lemons, bags of  baby green  leaves, a raffle, and of course bunches of flower. We were expecting one table and they had given us 3, so it was spread out, but a lot had been taken in the preserves, so we unpacked them all. The same elderly lady makes them all, but not much left now.
I am sure the group will be thrilled when John tells them today.

Yellow Flowers that sold at Market & New Chrysanthemum

 

 

Till Next Time




1 comment:

  1. Carpet looks fantastic. Market stall looks great too, grats on the success!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.