Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Widgets

A Week at the Gold Coast.

We have been on holiday in Coolangatta for the past week, staying on the 12th floor at the Beachhouse. It was actually our Son's week but the Government suddenly decided to have the  Naplan tests for the children,  so they weren't able to go. 
We have had a very relaxing week doing nothing. We know the area well so no need for the touristy stuff. I did though bring some of my new art stuff and been having a lot of fun experimenting and teaching myself about watercolours.


The view has been very interesting with lots of things going on everyday. We had breakfast on the verandah each morning before the weather got too hot.

Left of the top one

Coolangatta Shopping Centre

The inside is just your normal small unit, but very comfortable. Meals have been very simple also, whenever we felt like it.

Very well equipped kitchen

Spinning turntable on dining table.

Lounge with View 

 I have been spending most of my time,  following several online classes

Watercolour beginner exercise
Feather exercise Watercolour.

Of course there is way more practice stuff, of which I am putting in a journal.

Pen and watercolour tulips

Our last night, was last Friday, and we had dinner at the Surf Life Saving club, arriving at 5.30 to get in early and it was packed,  also was very hot inside as was 35C all day, and no air con. I enjoyed a delicious lamb rump roast with a salad. We then had Tirramisu and coffee at an Italian restaurant, which was also super busy, but they had a local musician to listen too.


Abstract flowers in acrylic and gouache

Lincraft opened up a brand new shop round the corner, last Thursday,  with huge sales, so I got a few canvases( $10) for multi packs,  and a 3 tier trolley ($19) for my paints as I have decided to use the front bedroom. It is air conditioned and has mum's round table  there.

Acrylic, just for fun.

I start at the local Art studio next Saturday morn. Which is their no class morning, and I need to join the Studio for the annual fee, covering insurances etc.

 I am not sure what to do yet, but most likely will take my oils and a canvas to start with, as I am used to them for many years. I will try and start it this week.


I am not pleased to be back, there is still a great deal of work here, and after a pristine unit all I see is the mess. Oh well, time to make a plan


Till Next Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.