Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Widgets

Catching up.

It has been a bit of a struggle getting back into normal life, this past week. I could have done with another week off, but I have generally caught up with the washing, ironing and general housework, and also getting things together for yesterday when I started the casual class for painting. 

 In the end I took my oil paints, and a canvas board,  as with  all the new courses I have been doing I wasn't sure what to take but oil paints is one thing I thought I would remember.Whether it was because we all had to vote  Saturday, or the rain,  not a lot turned up, which was comfortable for me. Now that I have been once I think I will really enjoy it.

Remember the Lasiandra tree that was cut in half several months ago, well look at it now. The flowers and purple is so striking.

  
I don't know if I have shown you the back garden recently but it turned into this weed monster as I wasn't well enough to cope recently, although I have improved a lot  now, I do feel I am in sloth mode being very careful not to use up my energy.  I was very surprised when John took to clearing it up. 


 He has been  very busy this week weeding, although I don't like him working in the heat of the day, he managed to fill the wheely bin plus the neighbours.

It is just a basic major clean, still a bit more to go, but now is the time to move the bricks around each bed and the soil to fill the gap. Unfortunately I can't get rid of the nutgrass completely,  short of emptying every bed of soil and getting rid of it, but there is one product I could try that is specific to the nuts  known as Sempra. It is expensive and requires dedication. As I am not planting anything else in this area, thinking I will give it a try.


The path down to the rose garden though is another area. At least if this cool weather stays, I can help a bit.


Windflowers are beginning o flower.

The next step once this is all weeded, bricks moved and pressure cleaned,is  to cover  all this open area in false grass, which has worked in the front veg. gardens.. Who wants to mow anyway.
 
Till Next Time. 
 
.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.