Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Widgets

DIY Ziplock Container, & More Health Problems.

 My zip lock bag drawer has been a mess for a long time so I started looking for suggestions on fixing it. You can buy plastic containers that hold 4 -5 bags sizes but they are at the $50 mark on Amazon, and hard to find. The answer is too obviously find a DIYer who made their own, which I did thanks to FABEDhacks in America and on you tube.

The first problem though is in Australia our ziplocks are side opening and in America it is down the middle.

So luckily I was able to buy some that were USA type on Amazon $4 box, and I think in Aust.the boxes are slightly different. The size was a bit of an estimate, snack and sandwich was fine, and I wasn't sure what medium or large actually meant, but got them anyway. The trick is opening the boxes up very carefully as they are stuck rather well on the sides.

I used Gesso to glue them down but any glue is ok. Then it was a case of cutting around the shape and glueing it all back together again.

The missing bits I added just a small piece too. Painted  them in more gesso, to give a protective wipeable coating and covered the top with bamboo Kabob sticks cut to length. Labelled them and Voila a nice neat drawer now, with refillable containers.

It only took a couple of hours last weekend but this week has been a health shocker, and would you believe the No. 9 & 10th. major problems in 35 years when I had my hysterectomy that long ago. 

First up was an urgent telehealth call from my rheumatologist Dr. B  to give me a report on Liver scans and blood tests. Apparentely all my inflammation readings are up, and my liver is in trouble but I wasn't to worry as he has found that Coffs Imaging have often given wrong results and I am to go to Brisbane who he trusts.

Compensated Cirrhosis of the liver, didn't make sense to him, me neither with regards to Alcohol but  all the drugs I have had to take... maybe, we shall see. There was no scaring, no warnings or anything, and I have been closely watched, it is just what they call a stiff liver, at F4.

 I feel with the research I did, that diet wise, I should be able to reverse it,hopefully, or stop advancing at least, if that's the case. Back to the pathologist for more advanced blood tests for the liver, as well. 

If that isn't enough 1 hour prior to his calling I had to rush to the toilet only to find it looked like someone had tipped a bottle of wine into the mix. My gosh that was a shock and a half. Dr.B said to see someone or go to hospital and I was lucky to book in next day with a new young Registrar at our clinic. 

He was very thorough and decided I had Diverticulitis and a minor vein had burst. It also explained why the inflammation readings were up a lot, and what I thought was IBS bouts for years, was really this. Hmmmm

So I am now on Pencillian with an  aching left side to boot, no painkillers (re liver) and mentally trying very hard to cope with this new lot of things.

 Not easy, there seems to be this constant stream of  health problems, and gets harder and harder to cope with a new one, and I know there are those far worse off,  but really enough is enough.

 6 more days to Lord Howe.


Till Next Time.

 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.