Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Widgets

New Aircon, CWA Market, Russian Garlic.

Another challenging week, as the air conditioning units for both guest bedrooms, went in over a 3 day period, finishing yesterday. In order for this to happen a mattress, cupboards etc all had to be moved, also my scaffolding in the hallway and the painting has stopped of which I was part way.

 This has not been too much trouble as I had my last quilting class and also helped CWA with their first market last Friday plus a bit of Christmas shopping while I was in town.

Market Tables around the edge
Tea and Scones Time

Craft Store room, mostly donated fabric, patterns,books and a few items. A work in  progress.

The rain has stopped more or less, with a couple of thunder storms, and more hot sticky weather, although not as bad as last year. It is just taking a while to get used to it having such a cool rainy November and early December this year.

The air con in the main bedroom will be great for me to start with as I use this room for sewing, as it has a lovely view out of the garden. By the 23rd though two of the children will be home for a week, so if it does get really hot they will be ok. }

Clearing the book shelf of some of mum's photo albums has put me to thinking of what to do with them. By memory nearly 30 books in all. When I think of the 8 year old twins and the photos it will not make much sense even when they are adults.  Most have been put on computer so my thinking is to keep original photos of importance and throw the rest. A big decision, which I might get  our eldest daughters help at Christmas time. 

Russian Garlic.

 In the meantime I did do a little bit of gardening. Picked the Russian Garlic which are enormous this year but haven't split into cloves. I think I will chop finely and dehydrate. The other lot of garlic I picked, 2 weeks ago went soft half way, as got to wet with all the rain, and we are slowly using them up by peeling the outer layers.

Gives you a better size idea.

I also picked some beetroot to bottle. One lot I sent to the Market at community garden today, along with 400grms beans, 4 cucumbers and 3  yellow zucchinis. I kept the rest of the beetroot for bottling in salt water, so I can use it in salads.

Cucumbers are flourishing there were 8 on the vine, which  I hadn't noticed this week, when I was roughly checking between rain. They love to hide. 

 So far we are keeping up with the beans, between a neighbour, SCCG and ourselves but a 2nd. vine is about to start so more processing for them to do, I am sure.

Front Garden Beans

Back Garden Beans Northeaster.

Usually by this time in the year I stop planting the garden beds as by Nov. to Jan it is way to hot to garden, but this year is so different and I am in two minds which way to go. There are quite a few gardens bare and what to plant another thing, do I want more beetroot or beans, plenty of tomatoes growing, Corn I am not that crazy about, lettuce is growing but it will get hotter and they go to seed quickly. I have never had this problem before.

In the mean time I am busy painting the hallway, and can start again  now the aircon is in. Always more decluttering as well, craft projects to finish, and Christmas to Prep for. 

Pierre de Ronsard looking such a picture with all the rain.

Till Next Time.

 



1 comment:

  1. Lovely gardens! I am having similar problems re the garden beds. Normally the heat precludes planting now but with the cooler temperatures I find myself with vacant beds that just fill with weeds. Hoping both of us figure out whether to plant, or not!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.