Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Widgets

Christmas 2021

 Merry Christmas to all my readers, I hope you all have had a wonderful time with family or friends. 

 Mine was a little different. as usually we go to our eldest sons's house, but this year my DIL wanted it at 6pm instead of lunch, so I had our cocktail party as mentioned last week, which after all the hard work turned out to be wonderful.

The 4 grandaughters and DIL all dressed up in their finery, and  the girls 8 to 19 looked so grown up. Our 8 year old grandson also was very smart in a grown up shirt, tie and black hat, along with his dad. A great night followed by presents from our eldest daughter and ourselves.

Lining up for cocktails.

Eldest Son
Christmas day saw us sleeping in, followed by a lovely lunch. It has been quite a while since I did lunch and got out all my good china and a tablecloth, which I love to do. Part of my hospitality training most likely, but I enjoy using fine china and having things just so. 

All set for Christmas Lunch.

 We had cold lamb with a vegetable salad with beetroot, pumpkin, carrot,beans. Plus a potato and egg salad, followed by plum pudding. Simple but delicious and not too much as followed by another dinner that night. 

Cheers.

The Christmas Pudding.

It rained for our visit to our son's house, so dinner ended up in the lounge and the night ended with playing Pictionary which was a lot of fun, and a movie. 

 Tomorrow it is our No.3 son's birthday.

The year is nearly at it's end.

 

Till Next Time.

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.