Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Widgets

Community Garden Christmas Party & A Surprise.

 On the 2nd. attempt we finally got to have the Pizza Party for the Gardens. The rain has finally stopped except for the odd drizzle now and then, and the weather once more is hotting up. I think about 25 attended so it was a good night. Taught everyone how to make pizzas properly as last year I was sick and it was a bit of a disaster. Luckily though the dough was donated so didn't have to fuss with that. John cooked all night. 

The little pizza oven was part of a grant and we have used it 3 times now. John has earnt the SCCG nearly $100,00.00 in grants as well his dedication to attending 3 days a week plus, and has been nominated for Volunteer of the Year, and yesterday received a letter to attend the ceremony, along with a few others. We haven't heard anything about Sawtell of the Year yet which is New Years Day, probably can't get both.

 
We had extra dough over so I turned it into a Loaf the next day. 

 The rest of the week I have spent wrapping presents, shopping, dodging the rain and as I am not sleeping well catching up on that, which wastes an afternoon as far as I am concerned, and very annoying.

This week I will do some packing and cooking to take with me etc for Christmas in Sydney. Covid has hit again there, but we are an hour away from it, so feel we will be ok, certainly not going anywhere that is for sure. 

We celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary on the 16th, and as usual, always wondering why do the years go by so fast. We had lunch at our favorite restaurant, by the river. It was certainly nice to leave the house this past week. We also had a spur of the moment lunch, the next day, with our ex sister in law and was great to catch up with her and partner, at another restaurant, also by the water. 

                                                         Surprise, Surprise!!

                                Janome S6 on special from Hobby Sew with bonus's,Workspace is 210mm/8.3″

I received a surprise this week as I ordered a sewing machine for my Christmas, Anniversary present, as better than the Bunnings card I usually get lol. 

They said it would be sent from Korea, which didn't worry me, no time now to sew, and lo and behold arrived Wednesday after confirming my address Monday by phone.

I know mind blowing!

It is very super modern with all sorts of bells and whistles. Even has a button for cutting the threads. My old machine is 25 years old computer driven and I wasn't expecting the upgrades this has, to that degree. Certainly going to take a while to learn. I am hoping to do some quilting with it to use up a large stash of fabric I have, from working at Spotlight years ago.

$400 worth of extras came with it as a bonus which is why I went for this one.

 Love the little pin cushion you put on top somewhere, and all these bobbins extra, plus the long extend table, and more feet. Look out 2021. A short no sound demonstration video if curious 


 


 

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE CHRISTMAS DAY 2020 EVERYONE.


Till Next Time.


1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversay to you both! 48years together sounds a wonderful partnership in life. Your new sewing machine looks amazing and pizzas in the garden most delicious. Meg🙂

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.