Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Widgets

Rain and More Rain

 Well did it ever rain, filled all the Community Garden tanks of which one is 10,000 litres, and nearly empty, they were about to buy water, also filled all of ours and filled the pool. Such heavy rain that went all Friday night and then most of Saturday with a break now and then. Apparantly there is more to come down from the north this time. Other than local flooding where several houses had to be evacuated by Police and SES workers there wasn't much harm done, certainly the land absorbed it with no problem. As I write this the birds are chirping so they have loved this cooler weather, and at the moment not raining so I dashed out earlier, to pick some nut grass which comes out so easily after a heavy rain. 

As I knew the rain was coming decided to prune the hedges. Took 2 days to do it but they look great now. They have been in over 35 years now. 

Before

Rose still producing red roses.

 Next on the list is to clean the gazebo out. This is all the stuff that was in the old garden shed I had down the back of the vegetable garden. I was hoping Miss P would have helped yesterday but due to the rain, cancelled it. She came Dux of the school, and so very proud of her, a great way to start High School next year. School finishes Wednesday so may be able to get in a day or two before we go to Sydney. 

 The other thing I managed to do was mulch the rose and poolside  gardens. Emptied out the trailer and have some left for the hedge Rose garden, that is still producing lovely red roses. I might have to dig up a smaller rose next to it, as it is not doing well, and find another place to plant.

Nut grass in the path is so hard to get rid of.

Next year to save work we either have to dig up all the pavers and lay grass then have someone to mow it, or put concrete down, although the edges will still need dealing with. Most of the time is trying to keep the nut grass down. Nothing kills it either. We have had a certain success with the pretend grass around the beds in the front as it has a rubber back and on weed mat, so that is another alternative.

I like getting out in the morning to garden, usually till 9.30am when the UV starts to become too high. Doing it every day though means at least 10 hrs or more a week, just enough to keep everything under control. 

This week I made myself a little bit of Christmas with lights and all, as pulling everything out just for us seems a waste of time. The lights are very bright.

I have had good news this week passed all the blood tests so no more now for a month. I am feeling better and slowly building my energy levels up, finally! Now that the borders are open maybe next year we can have a caravan holiday, without any time limits as I have my own injections. Something to plan anyway. 

I hope all your Christmas Plans are going well.

Till Next Time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.