Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Widgets

The Best Helpers are Grandchildren

I am exhausted today. Yesterday Miss P came over for her fortnightly work but was also joined by Miss V  one of the twins who will be 7  next week. They turned up at 11am but I was expecting them a little earlier. Just as well as I had a huge order from Coles delivered at 2.30 and so had the extra help on that. So I had started at 9am on defrosting the 6 drawer freezer, and then cleaning the fridge. Which of course means emptying everything out. Both these jobs were finished by the time the girls arrived.
 So I got them started on emptying everything in the laundry cupboards which I keep all sorts of things in. The laundry/office being right off the kitchen.


Note the crockpot, as while all this was happening  I had put every vegetable that was down to a small amount into the crockpot plus 2 packets of smaller quantity bacon, frozen leeks, and soup stock from chicken bones and a beef one as well. It smelt so good that Miss P took a meal home as well. The crockpot was filled to the top, and was delicious.

Girls both had fun using the label machine and  climbing the ladder to get everything down and Miss P wiped all the shelves down. So much stuff to sort and throw, but it is now finished, and I have a much clearer idea what is there.

It may seem like a lot but I have always kept 3 months in advance, and now I shop roughly 3 - 4 months as well. It is so tidy now it is like having a shop lol. 



We only just made it before Coles turned up with 12 bags of groceries, which had to be sorted and found for John to enter into the Neilson home survey scanner to get all the points. This I spoke about last time of how I got my new "free" phone.  I was forced to tick the "bags on delivery" which was upsetting as I usually go for no bags, but it wasn't even available unless you did click and collect. Now I am stuck with a heap of Coles reusable one, that I had to pay for mind you, but I will probably donate them to the Community Gardens, as they are now going to start selling from the grounds every Sunday.


It of course has been raining just about every day, and we had this fabulous double rainbow one morning, where I could actually see it ending on a house below us. It is raining now as I type, and will light the fire early today to just embroider and finish off a doll, sitting by it. My bones are crying out to do nothing.


Today at 10am was also a zoom family time, and it is so nice to talk to everyone.

The good news is my white blood cells have come up enough for me to have my next infusion. Still under recommended but it is ok to go ahead. Now I have to wait every 6 weeks between sessions.

Till Next Time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.