Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Widgets

More Roses Arrived, and an Outing.

I have just come from the backyard, where I have been  planting the new roses that arrived this week. I can tell you officially that I am very unfit. First I had to weed the spot, dig it over, then plant. Took about 2 hours. I was so in need of a cup of tea and it is beside me, along with left over apple tarts from yesterdays outing.

Spot the Roses.

Considering it has been another rainy week, I am pleased that today was fine, and the soil quite soft. If you remember a few weeks back I planted fish heads and bits in the garden and found today that most of it has disintegrated, which makes for a very nourishing soil. Plus I have added some good compost and sprinkled a fertilizer on the top. The three roses are

Duchesse De Brabant

Golden Celebration

Gruss An Aauchen

They are all old fashioned and should do well down the back, it is open and airy. Just got to remember to water them over summer. When I have more energy will cover with hay. This garden is also going to have more flowers around them.

The game below is Calliente, a family game that goes back generations. We use tiny rocks as our chips. In America it is known as Tipoli. These are the rules.

Calliente Tipoli Rules


 The board has been embroidered as my mum did, and this one my sister did and is fabric paint. Everyone in the family has one. We played this last night at our sons house where we went for a roast dinner. I took the dessert and made a lovely Key Lime Pie cheesecake. Condensed milk. lime juice and one packet of cream cheese. Turned out great an can highly recommend, really creamy, tart and so easy to do. I used Marie Biscuits for the base.
No-Bake-Key-Lime-Pie

I wasn't sure if the kids would like it so made an Apple crumble and used my family pie maker for it.


What a success and will do it again with different fillings. Basically put shortcrust pastry on bottom filled with Ardmona tinned apples and then put the crumble on top. Only took 15 mins, and as I had left overs filled the little ones with the remainder.


Just love these pie makers so handy and quick. Really just a mini oven, and best Kmart purchases ever. Took the big one in the pie maker and we heated it up quickly. Of course most of us had a bit of each lol. My rhubarb needs picking so think that will be the next thing to make.

That's it for this week stay safe everyone.

Till Next Time.






1 comment:

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.