Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Widgets

Living Lightly Seed Saving Talk

Well I am back and for those who missed me last week I was very sick with flu and spent most of my time doing nothing but sleeping and coughing. I do remember that it rained solid as well. Finally this week though I am back on my feet. Had my infusion as ordered, even though I had to put it off a week, started back at embroidery class, and choir also, so feel the beginning of normal routine is happening.
Today I did my final talk, on Seed Saving, so part of last week was getting notes together.
This was held at Woolgoolga Community Garden and due to the rain all week, not many turned up although it was a lovely day, and this suited me just fine.

Members Beds


Woolgoolga's new pavilion from a distance.

It is a large area in an Industrial estate, with an equally large pavilion.


The compost bins were very impressive, the soil looked great.

I tried out a new gadget which makes your voice louder. A battery operated thing and it worked fine. It belongs to our community garden and will help those throw their voice in our pavilion.


Members beginning the set up.

I made it a hands on workshop after explaining the history of how our current seeds came to be.

Sorting out all the stuff

John helped out by handing out seeds for them to pull apart and put in envelopes.

Busy sorting lettuce seeds.



All in all I think it was a successful day. I was exhausted when I got home, and slept on the couch. It has been a hot sticky day as well,with no rain, for the first time in days. I need also to spend some time now, getting my health back to normal, as I realised I have very little energy.


They look interested.


Explaining how this pumpkin had been cross pollinated.

As usual there was a bearded dragon running about.


And my favorite dog breed.


I have had all sorts of seeds floating about the house, so now it is time for me to sort everything out and probably toss a few out of date and start fresh for this year.


Till Next Time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.