Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Widgets

Brisbane Trip

We drove up to Brisbane this week to see my Rheumatologist, who has moved there from Coffs Harbour. A bit of a pain but not much alternative and it is only for every 6 months. Good excuse to call in at Ikea for some great kitchen knives they have, and a Yarn store for some chocolate brown wool which is quite hard to find.

Although my blood tests are settling down Dr. wants me to start back up on my infusions, sadly also he has recommended that we don't go to Vietnam in November, due to being  Immunosuppressant. Hows that for a big word! Means my immune system is compromised and basically for  Vietnam you have to have at least 3 vaccinations which may not take for me, so that means I have to have more blood tests to see what percentage, then maybe another lot to boost what you just had, 6 months later. 
It is recommended that most people only drink bottled water or alcohol. No salads as they are washed in tap water which has a few nasties like typhoid. Cooked meals only. etc you get the drift. Mosquito viruses are also a problem.  So I have cancelled the trip. Very disappointed.


Chook roaming area.

While in Brisbane we stayed with our niece. Her vege garden is looking great. Still a bit of work to do, but the fruit trees my sister and I  helped choose are coming along nicely. Nice to see chooks again, who just love roaming around the area they are allowed in as well every afternoon.


The 3 big raised beds are all covered now, which is great. Her seedling area is still producing.


We were given a branch from a yellow frangipani, which I will plant in a pot to start with. Plus some lovely eggs, and mangoes off the tree next door for my sister.

Just a quick trip, but great to get away.  


Till Next Time.



2 comments:

  1. Your nieces veggie gardens are looking great...it's been so hot with humidity in Brisbane my veggie garden all but shriveled up so the weeds have taken over. I've weeded one on the weekend need to do the other two however today is going to be 36 degrees so I can only do it late in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat is the killer for sub tropical lots of plants stop growing, unless shaded. March to Nov. Tends to be our year though. Time to start thinking about broccoli and cauliflower if you can grow them, to get seeds started.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.