Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Widgets

Year Ends 2019

Two more days as I write this and 2019 will end. From what I read about the rare lineup of planets, for 2020 the astrology world is very excited about what good things next year will bring. The end of many situations and new beginnings seems to be the theme. When I look back on my 2019 I will certainly glad to see the end of it.

Another Christmas has come and gone and I hope everyone had an enjoyable time. We spent breakfast and present opening with the  local grandchildren. So much squealing and chatter to be enjoyed.


This then was followed by our lunch at home, with my sister and partner, and our eldest daughter and youngest son. Six salads, cold roast lamb, ham,  plum pudding and cherry pie.



Boxing Day is a family tradition to go see a movie and this year it was the last Star Wars one, at our very packed local theatre.

The next day we celebrated our youngest son's birthday, who turned 40 this year. As usual we go down to the river, and always there is a game of darts. We were joined by this time with the Sydney grandchildren, and so nice to have all the family around me, that is except for our youngest daughter in America who celebrated with her husband, Christmas in their new house. So new they haven't had time to get furniture properly yet, but managed to buy a table so 4 of their friends could help celebrate.

Family at large in the river.
We hired a shed for the occasion
Our make shift dart board area, worked really well.
It was a lovely day not too hot, and a slight breeze. The two other Sydney children left the next day for home, while I got the house back into order. I also have put my new Mini Happy Planner together for next year, and trying to get my hardanger cloth finished before the year is up, so then I can concentrate on making cloth dolls for my shop.

I hope you all had had a wonderful time and looking forward to 2020. Happy New Year everyone.

Till Next Time.


4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable Christmas Day with your family with lots of excitement in the morning and then a lovely lunch. The river would've been a great place to spend a birthday day and enjoy swimming, good food and darts too. My son loves playing darts! I think this new year is sneaking up on me; two days away and a whole new decade to come. I should probably think about plans and whatnot but I haven't yet and don't feel quite like I'm in that headspace yet. We are going to a friend's place for dinner on NYE where we'll swim and play table tennis and share a lovely meal. Must find some sparklers to take with me. I hope you have a lovely start to your new year. 2020 already! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYE sounds like a great way to enter in 2020 Meg. Wave a sparkler for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    Happy New Year to you and your family, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nil, may 2020 bring you lots of rewards.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting it really makes my day.